Chapter 38 - A Day At The Beach

"You coming then Gary?" Ash asked Gary while he was helping his grandfather, Professor Oak. 

"I will meet you there" Gary replied, before rushing into another room.

"Okay, see you there!" Ash rushed out of the lab, heading to the beach, where his friends were waiting.

"Stop it!" Iris squealed, jumping out of the water as Cilan began to splash her. May, Dawn and Miette were all messing around at the other side of the water, hitting a beach ball around and splashing each other, their raucous laughter heard by everyone. Brock was sitting on his towel, a book in hand, while Misty and Serena were both led down on sunbeds, with sunglasses on and umbrellas hanging at the corner, to keep their eyes shaded. Misty was talking to Brock while Serena stared at a magazine with eager interest.

"You ok?" Ash's voice made her jump, she scrambled up to keep her magazine in her hands, blushing. 

"Oh, hi Ash!" She recovered, lying back down on the sunbed. Ash sat down next to her, after laying his towel down. "Why don't you go join the others?" She gestured to Cilan and Iris splashing eachother, then to the girls. 

"I prefer sitting here, for the moment" Ash replied, tipping his cap down so the sun didn't block his eyesight as much. 

"Pika" Pikachu said in a relaxing voice, laying down next to Ash. 

"Hey guys" Clemont finally arrived, standing just next to Ash, with Bonnie by his side.

"Hey Clemont, Bonnie" Ash greeted them with a smile.

Bonnie walked around Serena and crouched down next to her, reading the magazine with her.

"Guess they will be doing that all day" Clemont laughed. "Wanna jump into the water?" 

"Sure, why not" Ash shrugged, jumping up. He looked at Pikachu, who was asleep due to relaxing too much. Ash decided to leave him and headed to the water. 

"So, what shall we-" Clemont was disrupted by Gary, who rushed behind Ash and lifted him up. Gary then dumped Ash into the water, head first. 

"Don't worry Ash, I am here!" He shouted out, laughing as Ash rose from the water, coughing heavily. 

Everyone turned to Gary and Ash and there was a moment of silence. 

"I am going to get you back for that!" Ash dived under and grabbed onto Gary's leg, tripping him up into the water. Gary landed face first, but he didn't fall underneath.

"Erm.." Clemont shifted around, watching as the two started to wrestle in the water, throwing each other in and dunking their heads under the water every few moments. 

"CAN YOU BOYS JUST SHUT UP AND CALM DOWN, FOR LIKE, TWO MINUTES?" Misty's shouting voice was heard and Ash froze, with Gary hanging onto his back in a half piggy back, trying not to fall in. Ash let go of him, Gary falling into the water. 

"Sorry!" Ash waved back. Misty frowned and then turned back to Brock, who had his eyes locked on a girl passing by. 

Misty punched Brock on the head, making him snap out of his day dream. "Not today!" 

"Such a kill joy, I think Misty needs teaching a lesson or two!" Gary grinned excitedly, while Ash frowned.

"What do you have planned?" He asked. Clemont mirrored his expression.

"Just follow my lead, both of you" Gary said, ushering them to follow him.

All three of them ended up right in front of Misty. She shifted her glasses down to get a better look.