Chapter 10 - Let The Games Begin!

Thunderous roars rang out around all of the stadiums in the vicinity. The main battle arena was double the size of the four smaller arenas. Adjacent to the arenas stood a Pokemon Center, providing health care and assistance to all participants. In the middle of the main arena stood the exact same announcer as the one on the previous advert, about a week ago.

"Today marks the beginning of a new journey for over 600 Pokemon trainers!" she announced with the utmost amount of enthusiasm. Her words were met by another humongous cheer. Everyone was clearly excited for the very first Pokemon Battle Tournament! "Sadly, the tournament can not fully function with 600 trainers present. We had already theorized over this problem and have many qualifying events lined up. The first event will be starting in one hour, so all trainers better be ready!"

Meanwhile, within the stadium, there were several large rooms for participating trainers. All of Ash's friends sat together in one room, with one Pokemon out each.

"Say, where is Ash?" Clemont wondered, tinkering with his glasses as usual.

"No one has seen him since yesterday when we all went off to train" Serena replied worriedly. She looked out of the window and into the sky. "Where are you, Ash?"

Everyone else shared the same expression, wondering if he would show up on time. They all knew it wasn't like Ash to be late, but he still had an hour to go.

The Night Before...

Ash stood up from where he was sitting and looked around at all of his Pokemon. They were all exhausted by now, having been training all day.

"Ok, that's enough now. Lets get going" Ash got out all of his pokeballs and one by one, returned his Pokemon. Beneath him, at the bottom of the hill, the shadows still loomed over the forest. The shadows slowly began to rise up the hill, while Ash was busy sorting out his things within his bag. Ash suddenly noticed the strange feeling around him, the silence creating tension. A shiver ran up his spine as he threw his bag onto his back and slowly turned around. Pikachu jumped onto Ash's shoulder as his eyes grew wide. On the tip of the hillside, a large shadow rushed up into the air like a giant curtain and then cascaded down onto the ground, before dispersing like fog. At the top of the hill stood Parker, with his Umbreon stood by his side. Ash felt another presence in the area and turned around. Behind him, stood Tristan and Jake, the twins of Team Shadow. Stood by their sides were two Absols. These Absols both looked very different to the regular Absol. Their fur had been changed, so now it was a dark black, representing that of a shadow. Their horns had even been given a different colour, as they both had purple horns. Ash was creeped out by the difference in these Absols. They was not white like they was supposed to be, they matched the colours of Team Shadow.

"Pikachu, be ready" Ash murmured to Pikachu, who in turn jumped in front of Ash. Ash turned around and faced Parker, who had his hands casually in his pockets. "What do you want from me?"

"Well, we are going to make the tournament a little easier by eliminating you right now" Parker explained, clicking his fingers. Umbreon leaped in front of him and got into a battling stance.

"Eliminating me now won't help your chances, there are still another 600 trainers" Ash clenched his fists, feeling the anger rushing through his body. Parker replied with a chuckle, shaking his head.

"You see, my dear Ash Ketchum, we are going to take out all of these trainers through other means. You don't have to worry about them after I am finished with you"

Ash took out another Pokeball and didn't even hesitate. "Hawlucha, I choose you!"

"Lucha!" Hawlucha stood in front of Ash, watching Umbreon closely. Umbreon took a step back defensively, knowing that Hawlucha was a fighting type and thus had an advantage.