XIII. Luirlan and Marina

Nine Years Ago
(Luirlan's POV)

I woke up in my tent with my sister on the other side and got out.

I walked up to the butcher and he said "Luirlan, good to see you. Here's your day cut." He said handing me two slices of thick cut meat. "Tell your sister I said hello." He said grinning.

So I reentered the tent and saw Marina up and awake.

"Hello, brother. Have you gotten our food from the butcher yet?" She said as I handed her her cut.

"Yeah. He told me to tell you hello." I said taking a bite of the meat.

Then we finished our meal and Marina said "Hey, let's go ask the Keeper if we can go on one of our expeditions. After all, last time we found some Sylvanwood!"

"Ok, let's go." I said as we both exited the tent.

While we walked, someone came up behind me and said "Hey Luirlan."

I quickly turned to the person to find out that it was my best friend, Talian.

"What do you want, Talian?" I asked annoyed.

"I'm close to finishing the mirror!" He said joyfully.

"Talian, you know that that is dark magic! You should tell the Keeper before it's too late." I said now worried.

"I agree with my brother, it's too dangerous!"

"You just wait and see, this is going to help this tribe to connect back to the old Dalish." Talian said and ran off.

"He's in for more than he knows, brother."

"I'm afraid you might be right, sister." I said as we resumed walking.

We kept walking until we finally reached the Keeper and she said g "Luirlan, Marina, what is it that you seek?"

"Keeper, my sister and I wish to go on an expedition into the woods." I said with a hopeful voice.

"You may go." She said and began doing what she had been doing before us.

We entered the woods and began our search. Then after a while of searching, Marina said "Brother, look!" She said pointing at a cave. "Let's check it out!"

So we walked in and began to see strange things. Odd sculptures, strange carvings, and disturbing corpses.

"What happened here?" I asked rhetorically.

Then Marina and I stopped in shock at what was in front of us. It was a door in crested with red lyrium.

"What did we just enter?" Marina said walking towards the door.

"It's locked, so let's open it." I said as I hit a switch and the door opened.

When we walked in, we saw a woman facing a shrine opposite from us. Then she turned around and became a rage demon.

So I yelled "Run!"

I quickly ran out of the door and a second before Marina could make it out, the door collapsed and she was trapped.