XXII. Dust Town

(Jace's POV)

We kept searching until I saw a man passed out with a note in his hand. So I took the note and opened it up.

When it was open and upright, it read:
HELLO AGAIN. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, THEN YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. I KNOW YOU MAY BE WONDERING WHY I AM DOING THIS, BUT YOU WILL KNOW SOON. MEET ME IN THE CENTER OF DUST TOWN BY TONIGHT OR YOUR MOM DIES. -JARVIA

So I gathered everyone up and said "Guys, we have to go to Dust Town. That's where Jarvia is holding my mom!"

"Wait, you came here for a bargain with Jarvia?! You can't do that!" Bruce said.

"My brother is right, she is a cold-hearted, manipulative, sly Darkspawn. You can't trust her to play fair." Ingrid said angrily.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"A murderer, thief, a stain of her family's line, everything you could possibly imagine as evil. She killed her own parents for no reason. She is Orzammar's biggest thief."

"Wow! Well I'm getting my mom so you can either come with me or stay here." I said beginning to walk off.

"Well if your going to try and bargain with Jarvia, I'm going to help you." Ingrid said as the others caught up with me. So we walked and entered Dust Town where we could see Jarvia in dark armor.

"Hello Jace." Jarvia said aggressively.

"Where's my mother? I swear I will gut you like a fish. I promise on Andraste I will end you if she is dead!"

"Bring her out!" Jarvia yelled.

Two of her guards came from one of the houses and they had my mom restrained.

"Mom!" I exclaimed. "What do you want for her?"

"A hundred sovereigns. You didn't think it would be a small sum, did you? Give it now or she dies. In 10..."

"I don't have it!"

"9.."

"I said I don't have it!"

"8..."

"Stop it, Jarvia!"

"7.."

"I'm begging you!"

"6..."

"On Andraste, if you do this, I'll kill you!"

"5.."

"Please, stop!"

"4..."

"Jarvia, stop this!"

"3.."

"You can't do it!"

"2..."

"She is all I have left!"

"1.."