I. Childhood

A few months ago, the war started against the demons. I lived as a noble, hiding my magi abilities from every soul. For if not, I would be taken to the Tower of Fereldan Magi and either be prosecuted, made tranquil, or raised as a fellow apprentice waiting for my Harrowing. My father is Arl Phillippe of Drakon Valley and my mother is head of the Chantry. I am what people call an apostate, a Mage not within the Circle. Not even my parents knew I was an apostate. Anyways, let me show you my story.

I walked outside, nothing in my mind, looking for someone to accompany me. I then ran into the Chantry while my mother was preaching of certain religion.

When she finished, she walked up to me and said "Jace? Why aren't you at home?"

"I want to go meet some people of my age!"

"You know why you can't meet other kids!" Then she whispered "your only 7 years of age and anyone against your father might just kill you!"

"Fine, I'll go home."

Most of my childhood was like that. Being told not to do this or that. "You can't talk to anyone" my mother would tell me.

As I walked toward my father's estate, a girl walked up to me and said "Hi, I'm Lilliana of the Dalish. What your name Shemlen?"

"What's a Shemlen?"

"A Shemlen is the Dalish term for human."

"What's a Dalish elf doing in Drakon?"

"I was banished from my tribe, for I used forbidden magic. Can you help me?"

"Of course, you can live with me, but it will have to be a secret."

"Of course. What do I call you?"

"Call me Jace."

So Lilliana and I lived together for the next 8 years and then something happened. I walked down the courtyard, Lilliana hiding beside me and the grape vineyard, and one of the guard captains ran up to me.

He then yelled "Drakon is under attack! Drakon is under attack! Sir Jace, get inside quickly!"

Then Lilliana jumped out of the vineyard and said "please don't hurt me! I beg of you."

"She is with me Captain."

"Of course, Sir Jace, but we must get inside."

Then as the guard walked toward the castle, someone shot him with a bow that was inside the castle.

Then Lilliana said "what do we do now?"

I then ran up and took his equipment, sword, and shield. "We will take this supplies and get out of here."

Then Lilliana put on the armor, I used the weaponry and we headed out of my homeland in search for help but we both knew that it was going to be a struggle.

Authors Note: Comment if you think the story is good.
-KurtDestin