XXIII. The Warning

"No!" I screamed and as the guard drew his blade, an elf jumped from above and the guards head hit the ground.

Then the man killed the other guard restraining my mom and she fell to the floor.

"Help me!" The elf screamed as we all began battling Jarvia's guards.

"Lilliana, grab my mom!" I yelled as I killed another of her guards.

"I'll get you one day, Jace! Retreat!" Jarvia screamed and in a minute, all of her men were gone.

So we helped my mom up and I hugged her straight away.

"Mom... I missed you." I said happily.

"Jace.. Help me up." She said as she stood weakly.

"Wait, I thought you said your son was dead!" The elf said.

"Wait, Talian?!" Luirlan gasped.

"Oh my god!" Marina stuttered.

"No..." Lilliana whispered.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I know them because we were all in the same clan." Talian said calmly.

"All of you?" I asked worried.

"Yes. Talian is the reason I was kicked out of the clan." Lilliana said boldly. "He broke a promise he made to me."

"You were using blood magic! It was for your own good!"

"But Marina and I never met Lilliana. Why?" Luirlan said curiously.

"Because she was kicked out when you were still in your old clan. You joined our clan a year after."

"You use to be Luiran's best friend and my- my lover. Why did you leave and why are you in Orzammar.

"Three months after I left the clan, I ran into this woman. She was in trouble and I helped.. Or at least I tried to help."

"Wait, he was your lover too?" Lilliana said regretfully.

"Wait, I don't have much time." My mom said.

"What do you mean mom?" I said as she raised her tattered shorts to show a knife wedged in her thigh. She was bleeding out.

"Mom!" I said tearing up.

"Look, Jace. Before I leave you, I must warn you of a coming darkness. As you know a Blight is upon us. But the Grey Wardens are in trouble."

"What do you mean?"

"In a few years, a person known as the Inquisitor will rise and have to close something called a Fade Rift. You are an apostate so you haven't learned of the Fade much. After he closes it, one of the original Darkspawn from the stories I use to tell you named Corypheus who will try to take over the world. But this is the Fifth Blight and it's going to try and destroy the world. Another of the more unique Darkspawn has been unleashed and is coming to kill everyone, and is starting with Ferelden, then Orlais, then Kirkwall, and so on. He is referred to as Solymicus. You must defeat him and save us all. I love you my son and I bid you good luck.." She said and lost consciousness.

"No mom, no!" I said collapsing to the floor sobbing.

"Wait, I can do this." Lilliana said firmly.

"What?" I said confused.

Then Lilliana motioned my back and pulled the knife out of my mother's leg.

I stood with the others and then Talian said "Don't do it, Lilliana! You can't bring back the dead!"

"What?!" I gasped.

"Don't do it, Lilliana!" Luirlan gasped.

"I have to try!" Lilliana said as she used the knife from my mom's leg and slashed her arm open. Then she used her blood magic on my mom and then when she stopped, my mom opened her eyes and stared at the stone ceiling.