XXIX. The Final Battle (Part 1)

We walked until we reached the valley in the Frostback Mountains to see Solymicus surrounded by hundreds, thousands of Darkspawn.

So we lined up I our troops and I yelled "This is it, guys. We can do this! Attack!"

Then our ground troops charged and my group stayed back with the others.

"Archers, now!" I yelled as the archers launched arrows into the air.

Then the Mages began using magic to create a shield around themselves as the others began traveling into the Fade.

"What now, Jace? All of us are going after Solymicus, right?" Lilliana asked.

"Yeah. I'm just waiting for a good opportunity." I said as a large group of Darkspawn began charging at us. "Attack!"

The twelve of us began unleashing our talents against the Darkspawn and their dead bodies fell one by one. We kept fighting and more and more came. During the sixth wave, we kept fighting until seven of the Darkspawn surrounded Marina and she fell to the ground.

"Marina!" Talian screamed as him and Luirlan ran to her side and began defending her.

"Thank you, Talian." Luirlan said muttered as he slew a genlock.

We kept fighting until the eighth wave ended and they stopped attacking us from this end.

"Guys, Marina is injured." Saphra yelled as we all surrounded her.

Luirlan held her left hand as Talian held her right. Blood was gushing from Marina's wound rapidly and she yelled from the pain.

"What can we do?" Helena asked.

"Has anyone had healing practice?" I asked looking around the group.

"My sister!" Saphra said back immediately. "Ciala was diagnosed as a spirit healer before we left the Tower. She didn't get much practice because she was on heavy Templar watch, but she could help with the abilities she currently has."

"She's right. I could try, but nothing is certain."

"Just do it!" Luirlan yelled.

Ciala began using her magic on Marina and then one of the Orlesian guards ran up to us and said "Sir Jace! The path to Solymicus is temporarily clear. We need to go now if we are going to defeat him."

"What do we do?" I asked the group.

"Captain said that this will probably be the only time that the path to him will be clear."

"We have to go." I said walked with the man.

Lilliana, Helena, Ingrid, Bruce, and Glenn stepped up with me and Luirlan said "We have to wait until Marina is fully healed!"

"We don't have time!" Glenn yelled.

"This is one of our team members, we can't leave her wounded!" Julian said solemnly. "We can't leave her."

"I- I'm okay." Marina said standing. "I'm not at my best, but I'm not giving in this easily."

Then we all gathered up and began our way towards the mountain.

A/N: Hey guys! The first half of the battle is here. It was going to be super long, but I thought that this would make the next Chapter super important! What do you think will happen to Marina? Will the group be able to defeat Solymicus? How will the group get the name "The Impossible 12"? Find out in the last chapter of this book! Follow me, vote and comment, and personal message me for questions or whatever you want answered (including questions for your own books as well). Thanks!
~KurtDestin