XXX. The Final Battle (Part 2)

We began our trek to where Solymicus lies.

As we walked, Luirlan walked up to me and asked "Hey Jace, what was going on back there?"

"What do you mean?" I responded.

"You are one of the most pure people I know. That wasn't you back there. You haven't ever acted like that since I've met you, what's going on?"

"Just mind your own buisness, Luirlan. I don't answer to you."

"See, that's what I mean. Your acting like... Like me. You never would of dissed anyone like you did back there before. So why now?"

"Because now I have to help hundreds of men and women survive through a war that the twelve of us started! I can't risk for them to die and for us to just lose! What if we lost? Then what?"

"I- I don't-"

"Exactly! We don't know. What I know for sure is that Orlais wouldn't aid Fereldan for a long time, Orzammar would see us as martyrs to their people, Kirkwall would be more angry at us then they were about the refugee situation, and another one of the few Dalish tribes would be annihilated. What then?" I said with pure stress covering my face.

"Calm down, Jace. We can't win this if we are stressed." Luirlan said and I looked at him suprised.

Did Luirlan just try and help me? I guess I have rubbed off on him a little.

"Okay. Thanks Luirlan. I'm sorry I wasn't thinking about Marina, I know how much she means to you."

"Don't worry about it. We can talk more once Solymicus is dealt with."

We kept walking until we heard a loud siren and the guard yelled "Oh no! We need to hurry. The Darkspawn have breached the path!"

We ran as fast as we could and after a minute, could hear the Darkspawn behind us. The next thing I knew, Marina fell to the ground and Luirlan ran to her.

I turned around and Luirlan yelled "Jace, we'll be okay. Go stop Solymicus."

"I can't lea-"

"Go!" He said as the Darkspawn began to swarm around him.

I immediately created an ice dome around Marina and took off. I ran until I made it to where the others had stopped. Quite a few feet in front of them was Solymicus inside my mother's now warped body. Her arms had black pulsing muscles and veins. The demon had officially taken over, there was no denying that.

"Hello again, Jace. She said you would come for me." The demon said chuckling in a deep tone.

"Yeah, here I am. I will stop you, Solymicus."

"Yes, yes. That's what your mother said also. I can see her in you, yes, very much so. I can't wait to crush the life out of you as I did her."

After he finished, Ciala used a Fireball spell at Solymicus and it seemed to barely effect him. The others quickly began attacking him as Ciala did and Solymicus seemed to be resistant to the attacks. Then he yelled in pain and began fighting the others.

As I began repetitively using my attack spell on Solymicus, Ingrid ran up to me and said "The veins are what hurts him! Aim for the veins!"

So I glanced at Solymicus and slashed one of the veins on his leg. He yelled in pain once again and smacked my body around ten feet away. By the time I stood up, Solymicus had Bruce in his hand. Ingrid and Helena quickly both slashed two of Solymicus's veins and he crunched Bruce in his hands. Bruce's body fell to the floor and Ingrid screamed while Helena slashed another vein in a fury.

"Fine, Jace. Try this!" Solymicus said as he transformed into 12 different shadows, one of each of us.

I quickly began casting spells at Shadow Jace, but he seemed to know my every move. Then Saphra struck him in the back and he fell to the ground. So I used my staff and stabbed him in the back and he disappeared. I ran up to Shadow Bruce and looked to see that Shadow Glenn and Shadow Marina were down. After a few minutes, they were all dead and Solymicus became his true form once and for all. He was slightly taller then us and had a majorly disformed face.

"Enough of your games, Solymicus! Are you going to fight us or not?" Luirlan taunted.

Then Solymicus said "I'm suprised that more of you aren't dead. Good luck trying for this final time."

The next thing we knew, a Darkspawn came from behind and struck Glenn from behind. He fell to the ground and Ciala immediately began to aid him. We kept her guarded until she gave us an all clear and we began attacking Solymicus. Now no matter what we did nothing worked.

"Why aren't we hurting him?" Saphra yelled.

"I know how to hurt him." Lilliana said now standing still. "Thank you for all that you've done, Jace, but I have to do this."

She slashed her wrist and when I tried to stop her, Julian and Ciala held me back. She used the blood magic to surround her and then she charged at Solymicus. When she struck him, a bright light cast over the sky and an explosion erupted and we were all knocked unconscious.

A Few Hours Later

I woke up on the ground and I stood up shaking. I looked around and began waking people up. Everyone was alright until I got to Marina.

I bent over her and said "Marina, wake up!"

I said it a couple more times until I realized she was dead. The explosion killed her. I woke up the others, but Lilliana's body was nowhere to be found. So I walked back over to the group to see Luirlan, Talian, Ingrid, and Helena being comforted.

So I walked to them, coughed a little, and said "Did you guys find Lilliana?"

I know what they are going to say. She's gone...

"I'm sorry, Jace. She died when she attacked Solymicus." Ciala said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Well we defeated Solymicus at least. We lost some loved ones, but we did our job!"

Keeper Sarith, Odarian, Vale, a Templar, and a Mage walked up to us and Odarian said "You've done it!"

"You twelve did the impossible and you will be a tale told time and time again." Keeper Sarith said.

"I knew you could do it. I trusted you for a reason and you proved my men and I correct. Orzammar will here of this. Same with Fereldan, Orlais, and Kirkwall." Vale said proudly.

The Templar and the Mage also thanked us and then Keeper Sarith asked "Now what shall this tale be called?"

I thought for a minute and an idea popped in my head.

"This is the Tale of the Impossible 12."

Then we talked a little more and went our ways, but would it only be to come together once again?...

A/N: Hey guys! What did you think? I will talk to you more once the epilogue is finished! Thanks!
~KurtDestin