XXIV. Talian

3 Days After Drakon's Destruction
(Talian's POV)

I was running in the woods looking for a bear and I quietly stopped, I could hear something in the distance. I walked a little further and I saw it, a big black bear. I slowly drew my sword and struck quickly. Then it fell to the ground and as I began to take it's pelt, I heard steps behind me and turned around to see a group of Darkspawn coming at me. I sliced the hurlocks and then killed the genlocks. Minutes later, they were dead and I was gasping for air.

Then a woman walked towards me slowly and said "Hello. Please, don't hurt me."

I stood up and said "I won't. My name is Talian. What is yours, shemlen?"

"Serena of Drakon Valley. I need help, my home has been taken over and my husband and child have been massacred. Will you please help me?"

"Sure, shemlen. How may I help?"

"I need to get to Redcliffe. Do you know where that is?" She asked with her arm bleeding.

"Shem- I mean Serena, you're bleeding. Allow me to aid you." I said walking towards the hurt woman.

"No, I'm fine.." She said as she fell to the floor.

"Serena!" I said running to her.

She was out cold. So I threw her over my shoulder and began carrying her towards my camp.

Then as I walked, men appeared surrounding me and one said "Finally, we found her. Kind elf, please hand over the woman you carry, she is part of my family."

"Okay.. Wait, your a dwarf!" I said looking at the short man with anger.

"What, have an issue with dwarves?"

"No, but she is shemlen and you are a dwarf. Back away you treacherous-" I said as I was hit in the head and knocked out cold.