XIV. Changing Directions

(Jace's POV)

We woke up an hour ago and have been walking ever since. As we walked,  we killed enemies from time to time. Then as we were walking, Saphra said "Guys wait."

"Draw your weapons now! Darkspawn!" Glenn yelled as they appeared in front of us.

We began fighting in all out combat. I used my shock spell and one of the hurlocks died instantly, Marina and Luirlan were fighting like they're in perfect synchronization, Lilliana was using her bow to shoot the hurlocks archers, Glenn used his sword to stab a genlock and it fell to the floor, Ciala was using her healing spell to fix our wounds, and Saphra was killing them like wildfire. We were fighting like a real team.

Then after Glenn killed the last one, Lilliana said "That was a rough battle, but we conquered it."

"Remind us next time so Luirlan and I will remember our special move." Marina said as she elbowed Luirlan.

So we began on our walk again and after a few days, we finally made it to Denerim. When I entered with the others, it was exactly as I left it. Kids running up and down the streets, merchants trying to sell various items and artifacts, the Chantry sisters preaching, everything.

"So Jace, where is your mother?" Lilliana asked resting a hand on my shoulder.

"I have a feeling on where she might be." Luirlan said nervously.

"Well, where is my mom, Luirlan?"

"I think she is in the tavern."

"Why would she be there?" Lilliana asked as if Luirlan was crazy.

"Because when we were walking in here, someone was talking about a woman who is being held against her will inside the tavern." He said now giving Lilliana a glare.

"Well let's check." I said walking towards the tavern.

We entered and went up the stairs to where the rooms are located. All the doors were open except for one. So I walked up to the door and nodded at Marina. So Marina took one of her daggers and used it to open the door. We walked in and I saw a note on the bed.

It read: HELLO JACE, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, THEN YOUR ELVEN FRIEND PROBABLY HEARD MY MESSAGE FROM ONE OF MY VARIOUS CONTACTS. I DO HAVE YOUR MOTHER, SO IN ORDER TO SAVE HER, MEET ME IN ORZAMMAR'S TAVERN TAPSTERS FOR THE DESTINATION OF YOUR MOM. -JARVIA

"What does it say?" Lilliana asked softly.

"We need to go to Orzammar." I said walking out of the room.

Then we left Dernerim and started walking to the Frostback Mountains and soon, Orzammar.

A/N: Hey guys. How do you like the book now? Were you expecting for Jace's mom to actually be in Orzammar. Also, there are only 7 in Jace's group, but the book is called Dragon Age: The Impossible 12 meaning there are 12 party members in all. So where are these other party members and who are they? Elves, Dwarves, or Humans? Mages, Rogues, or Warriors?
Templars, Grey Wardens, Blood magic wielders, Spirit Healers, Reavers, Berserkers, you tell me. Well I'll see you guys later and hope you liked the chapter. Vote, comment, and follow me! Thanks!
~KurtDestin