XVIII. Helena (Part 1)

Three years ago
(Helena's POV)

I woke up and got out of the hard bed I was laying on. I walked out of my room and entered the home I was staying in.

"Morning, Helena. How are you?" Jill said happily.

"I'm good Jill, how about you?"

"Same old thing I have to do everyday."

"You shouldn't do what you do, you have so much more potential!"

"You know I can't just go slay an arch demon on the Deep Roads and come back with the remains of some thaig! I have to do my job cleaning Bhelen's Estate along with the other maids, otherwise we starve and what would we do then?" She said looking up at me.

"I wish I was a dwarf." I said looking down. "I can't just be normal here like this."

"Never say that, Helena! You know I see you as my own. You're the only one I have left and I can't lose you like I did Bruce and Ingrid!"

"I just wish I was your blood child like them. I miss them a lot, Jill." I said as a tear flowed down my cheek.

"I do too, Helena. But we have to keep living, it's what Bruce and Ingrid would want. They wouldn't want their deaths to stop us." She said heading towards the door. "Goodbye Helena."

"Wait!"

"What is it, I don't want Bhelen mad at me because I'm late for work."

"What if Bruce and Ingrid are still alive? We never saw their bodies." I said hopefully.

"Helena, don't be silly. Bhelen told us that he saw their bodies half gone in the Deep Roads. Now goodbye." She said as she left.

"Well Bhelen is a jerk." I said as I walked into my room.

I opened my dresser and saw the padlock in the back right corner. I typed in the code "4 9 1 7" and it opened a secret door that I made in my spare time. I quickly crawled in and looked around in the small room I had been carving since I was taken in, age six.

I grabbed the red steel greatsword, put on my red steel armor on, grabbed 5 sovereigns that I have been saving up for the last three years, and exited the small room. I locked it back up and then went out the front door.

I will find my Bruce and Ingrid, no matter what the cost may be!

A/N: Hey guys! How do you like the most recent characters, Julian and Helena? Do you think Helena ever found Bruce and Ingrid? What happened that made Helena hate Orzammar so much? Just saying, there will be a part two for this two-chapter past! See you later! Thanks!
~KurtDestin