XXI. Bruce and Ingrid

3 Years Ago
(Ingrid's POV)

Helena hit the floor and Bhelen said "Ah, Helena, Helena. I always knew you would end up like this."

"You back off of her." Bruce growled.

"Shut up, slave. Or else your mother will be in her grave as well."

"Touch her and your dead!" I screamed trying to come at him, but my chains restrained me.

"You know what, your all doomed now." Bhelen said laughing as a group of guards came in. "Two of you take Jill the servant and bring her to the place and the rest of you grab these three and throw them in different parts of the Deep Roads." He said walking away.

They quickly took Helena away and the other guards opened our cell door. Then as they tried to grab me, I blew out the guards knees and when he began to fall, caught his head and snapped his neck. Now there are only two left. I grabbed the dead guard's sword and began fighting them and keeping Bruce behind me. In a minute, they were both dead and Bruce and I equipped ourselves with their armor and looted their bodies.

"Now what?" Bruce asked. "We can't just go home, Bhelen knows where we live and will have us killed by the hour. We could try to leave Orzammar altogether, but they might not allow us to leave because of the King's death."

"There's really only one option left. The Deep Roads. Sure, Bhelen may send guards after us, but if we can find a way to the surface through the Deep Roads, then we are free."

"But Ingrid, the Deep Roads are littered with Darkspawn, we aren't skilled fighters either. We will starve most likely." He said beginning to look down.

"Well then I hope that if there is an Andraste or a Maker, that he or she is on our side." I said hopefully.

"Who's Andraste? And who's the Maker?" Bruce asked concerningly.

"It's this belief of the surface people. There's this man named Burkel and he wants to start a Dwarven Chantry. I met him in the market. He said eventually when he gets the courage, that he would ask for permission from the Shaperate. Maybe one day. But let's go." I said beginning to walk.

We made it to the center of his quarters and ran to the exit. We made it out and ran down the street until we were back in the Commons. Then we ran to the Deep Roads entrance and entered  hoping that maybe we might make it out alive.

A/N: Hey guys! Can you believe that out of all the people who joined the group, Helena's adoptive siblings were the ones who joined? Talk about a plot twist! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and just wait for the next one! Btw there is only one group member missing in order to create The Impossible Twelve. Who will it be and what will they be? Comment your guesses below and I'll see you guys later! Thanks!
~KurtDestin