Chapter 5

Dean's POV

I still didn't know how Emmett talked me into this double date, usually it was with some girl he was trying to shag some more and me left with her almost passable friend.

Emmett believed that for a twenty-six year old I didn't get out enough, or as he so clearly stated on numerous occasions, I didn't fuck enough. It seemed like every man my age was shagging anything with a little warmth, anything with a heartbeat. No one seemed to care about relationships anymore, just a quick roll in the hay, but I was determined to be different, I was determined to care. My mother always said that I was born with a mature mind. Maybe this girl, Katelena, would be different, maybe things might go well for me this time.

I dressed in a white V-neck shirt, dark jeans and my new black Adidas' sneakers, with a few spritz of Ralph Lauren cologne, I locked up my apartment and headed towards my car.

I arrived early and spotted Emmett, standing ont the pavement in front the bowling alley. He wore a faintly distressed blue denim jeans, and a black OVO T-shirt. I greeted him warmly and he began to ramble off. "Listen Dean, this girl is different, besides being amazing in the sack, she's like mysterious, you know? There's something about her, something special, I just want her to like me."
"She's gonna love you bro," I reassured him, giving a clip on his shoulder.
"Here they come." Emmett radiated
anxiety. Elise walked right up to us and greeted us, but it was clear her friend was less than enthusiastic about being here. He didn't exaggerated about Elise, she did have an ass out of this world.
"You must be Katelena, I'm Dean," I said warmly to my date. She smiled a beautiful smile.

This girl, this woman, was Aphrodite. Her long raven-colored hair reached to the small of her back, it shone like a halo around her, emphasising her beauty. She had a slender frame and long legs. Her pale, heart-shaped face drew my attention. Her thick eyebrows were well shaped above large, long-lashed chocolate- brown eyes. Her captivating eyes were almost too large for her petite face. Her tiny nose was almost childlike, Katelena's full lips wore a blood red lipstick. Her slender neck held a simple gold chain with a pendant, in the shape of a leaf. She wore a black, off- the-shoulder crop- top with plain black leggings and the same Adidas' sneakers I wore. However, the most beautiful thing she wore was her stunning smile. Her delicate exterior reminded me of the many porcelain dolls my sister, Stephanie kept as a child.

"I'm sorry, I'm probably gawking," I said smiling at her, "but I've never seen such a beautiful woman." She blushed, chuckling a thanks. Emmett led us into the bowling alley and we all went to the counter to rent bowling shoes.

"You have nice taste in shoes," she commented smiling. That launched us into a conversation about clothes, mainly what we thought about the Yeezy sneakers. It was so easy to talk to Katelena, I felt as though we connected. Emmett and Elise bowled while Katelena and I just talked the entire time. Without realising it, it was time to go and we hadn't eaten.

"Do you wanna grab a bite to eat, Katelena?" I asked hesitantly. "Yeah, do you know a place?" she inquired.
After saying our goodbyes to Emmett and Elise,who left together, we walked to a quaint little restaurant about two blocks down called Mojo's, that I've always wanted to visit. It was late and there were few persons there. Katelena walked, more like sashayed, to a booth in the back. We picked up our menus and decided what we wanted to eat.

"I'll have a veggie burger and fries," she said confidently. I ordered the same and two chocolate milkshakes. "You don't eat meat?" she laughed at my question and then cleared her throat, the innuendo was not lost on me. "Yeah I do, it's just I like veggie burgers too." All I could say was "Oh," with a smirk plastered on my face.