Chapter 25

Was it weird that we dressed up to go to an abandoned warehouse? Of course it was.

Elise's now purple pixie cut accentuated the matching makeup she wore and the plain black, sweetheart neckline dress she wore. Under her floor-length dress, she wore black suede 6-inch heels.

My hair was pinned into a tight high bun, with a few tendrils escaping beside my ears. As usual Elise picked my outfit, a square neck, golden dress that shimmered in little moonlight there was. The dress was pinched at the sides and the matching heels made my legs look longer.

"El, I'm freezing."

We stood in the cold air outside the vacant warehouse.

"This place gives me the creeps." she whispered.

An owl hooted in a nearby tree, startling us.

"Suppose we're murdered."

"Don't say that, El." I said giving her a slight smack on the arm.

"At least we'd die gorgeous." she snickered.

I wasn't sure if she could see the glare I was giving her, but I was so close to killing her myself if she didn't shut up.

"I think we should leave." I said, slowly inching back towards Elise's car.

"And why would you do that?" a voice said.

"Emmett?" Elise called out into the night.
"Elise?" the voice retorted.

"Katelena?" another voice asked.

"I know it's you Dean, stop trying to spook us!" I shouted into the night.

Both voices roared with laughter. Out came two figures dressed in tuxedos approaching us.

"I see both you'd die in a horror movie," Emmett laughed and Dean joined in the laughter.

"That was so messed up." Elise said, slapping Emmett's arm, then she squeezed it and a sound of approval.

Emmett wrapped Elise in a warm hug and they walked hand in hand inside the warehouse.
I could feel Dean's eyes on me, so I turned to meet his gaze. "I have something to show you." his voice not hoarse anymore. Did he lie about being ill?

He led me inside with a large paw on the small of my back. "I like your hair down better." he murmured in my ear.

The fragrance of lavender permeated the cool air, candles lay on the cement floor. Lanterns strung from the high ceiling, emitting a soft glow. And right on an elevated stage, a huge white banner tied from either end of supporting columns, said the words "marry me?" in bright red.

I turned to Dean, my eyes wide with shock. He held both my hands with his, "Katelena, I know we've only been together for awhile, and this might be impulsive but I love spending every minute with you; every second. I love waking up to you, I love your energy, your tenacity, your modesty. I love you. Will you marry me?"

I began to cry, and I looked around the room to see my best friend crying as well, she never cried. Emmett smiling softly at us.

I turned back to Dean, who was on one knee, waiting for an answer. He pulled out a velvet black box, containing a simple gold ring with an elevated lone diamond projected out of the band.

"Yes." I whispered.

"Yes?"

"Yes!" I shouted.

He slid the ring on my finger and got up. He placed both hands on either side of my face and kissed me with immeasurable passion.

He pulled away, a single tear escaping his green eyes.

"I-I-I..."

"Just say you love me." he said.

"I love you, Dean."