Chapter 6

Brooke, Maddox and I all camp out in the living room that night, watching depressing romance movies - starting with The Notebook. After a while, Brooke falls asleep on the floor wrapped in a sleeping bag and her head on a pillow. Laying across the couch, I stretch out, putting my feet on Maddox's lap. "You were really sweet today. She was happy you were there," I say, looking towards him.

His eyes flicker over to me for a moment and he nods. "I'm glad I could help."

For some reason I can't take my eyes off of him. The soft glow from the TV lights his beautiful face. His eyes look into mine and the corner of his mouth tugs up. "What are you looking at, princess?" he asks.

Blushing, I turn away. "Nothing," I mutter.

He chuckles. "Sure."

"Thanks for being there for me last night. I was drunk and upset which don't go well together with me," I say, returning my gaze to him.

He nods. "No problem. It would've been better if you would've kept your dress on," he smirks.

My jaw drops. "I - I didn't really think about it," I say in defense. "I sleep like that all the time."

He raises an eyebrow. "Really?"

I blush. "Maybe."

Grabbing my calves, he pulls my body down the couch and towards him. Then he leans down, resting his elbow beside my head. His warm breath fans my face and I can't help but look at his lips. His thumb brushes across my bottom lip then he sits up. "You had something on your lip," he says, clearing his throat.

I've known this kid for a few days and he couldn't be any weirder. The things he does to me... drive me insane. But they're gone as quick as they come. "Thanks," I whisper, looking away from him.

He nods before getting up and walking away. "Goodnight."

****************************

My mom and Jason pack their bags for their honeymoon and Maddox, Brooke, and I sit on the couch waiting. They're going to Florida for their honeymoon and have an amazing time planned.

When they're all packed, Jason takes the bags out to the car while my mom goes insane, trying to figure out if she forgot something. The three of us laugh at her. "Mom, I think you got everything," I chuckle.

"I know. But I feel like I'm forgetting something," she says, placing her hand on her forehead.

"You say that every time we go on a trip and you never forget anything," I smile.

"I know." She sighs before giving each of us a hug. "Be good. We'll be back soon."

"Have fun, Heather," Brooke says with a smile.

"Thanks, honey," she smiles. "Bye. Love you!"

She goes outside and Jason comes back in. "Bye," I say, giving him a small side hug.

"Bye, Hadley," he nods.

Maddox stands up and tosses his dad something. "Be good," he winks before hugging him.

His dad chuckles while slipping whatever it was into his back pocket. "You too, son. Bye."

They leave the house and I turn to Maddox. "What'd you give him?" I ask curiously.

He smirks, amusement glimmering in his eyes. "A condom. The rest of the pack is in his suitcase."

Brooke laughs and my eyes widen. "Disgusting. I did not need to know that."

"You asked," he chuckles. "What'd you think they'd do? Play cards? Tour the island?"

"I'm sorry I don't think about my mom's sex life," I snap.