Chapter 13

Wandering hands wake me up. The feeling of his hands on my skin is electrifying. Laying on my back, I pretend to sleep as his hands continue to explore my body. His palm begins on my navel and slowly moves up, his fingers slipping beneath the fabric of my sports bra. He repeats this, only going between my breasts - careful not to overstep. "I know your awake," he murmurs in my ear.

He nibbles at my ear lobe, then moves down. His lips press against my neck and I shiver slightly. "How?" I whisper.

My eyes flutter open and I see him hovering over me. He puts a leg over me, straddling me as he continues kissing my neck. "Ever time my hand went below your bra, your breathing would pick up," he chuckles.

Blushing, I playfully smack his chest. "Did not."

He nods. "Did too."

I roll my eyes. His hands find mine and he pins them to the bed above my head. "I'm hungry," I say.

I tilt my head back as he trails kisses down my neck to my chest. "Me too," he moans.

Loosely wrapping my arms around his neck, I kiss his temple. "You've gotten a lot further a lot quicker than anyone else I've ever dated," I say, thinking aloud.

He pulls away from me, climbing off the bed. "Except for Zach. Way to kill the mood."

Regret washes over me. "I'm so sorry. I didn't think -"

"Don't worry about it," he sighs. "It's none of my business. We're not really dating."

The thought saddens me even though I know it's true. I check my phone and see a ton of messages from Brooke.

Wtf?!

You ignore me for 24 hours then tell me you're not even in the state.

Bitch.

Call me. I still love you.

I'll kill you if you don't text me back... I'm not fucking with you, Hadley.

Please! I'm begging you! Call me, damn it!

I laugh at her messages. As much as I love that girl, she can get pretty annoying. I dial her number as Maddox puts some shorts on. "Hadley?" Brooke squeaks. "I'm going to kill your short little ass when you get back."

I frown. "Did you really have to throw in short?"

She groans. "That's not the point. How could you leave and not tell me?"

I sigh. "When my mom and Jason got back from their honeymoon, they told us we were going on vacation. We left at six o'clock in the morning. You weren't exactly on my mind, babe."

When I say babe, Maddox eyes at me carefully. I lay back on the bed and roll my eyes. "Fine," she whimpers. "But I only forgive you because Adeline told me I was being ridiculous."

"I'm glad I invited her to the party then," I chuckle.

"I have to go but I want updates. And lot's of pictures!"

"I'll send plenty of pictures," I say. "I'll talk to you later, bye."

I hang up then set my phone beside me. Maddox walks over to me, pushing my legs apart to stand between them. "Who was that and what do they want pictures of?" he asks, quirking an eyebrow.

I lean back on my elbows and smirk. "It was Zach. He wants pictures of me."

His eyes widen and he grabs my phone. "You're not sending him shit. I'm deleting his number."

Sitting up fully now, I grab my phone away from him. "Calm down, Maddox. I was only kidding. It was Brooke. You actually think I'm the type of girl that'd send pictures?" I frown.