Chapter 21

Searching through my bags, I realize everything I own will most likely not be approved. Because I must attend work events, I dress to impress. This means minimal clothing - sexy clothing. I go with the dress that covers the most. It's white and goes halfway down my thighs. Beneath the layer is lace, there is a layer of solid white with a sweetheart neckline. The back is open with only a thin layer of lace to cover it, and the sleeves have matching flowers.

After putting it on, I touch up my hair and makeup. Anyone from my past would stop and stare if they even recognized me. I've changed so much in four years that it surprises me even. "You almost ready babe?" Caleb calls from the room.

"Yeah," I say, leaving the bathroom.

He is in a nice black suit with a red tie. His shoes are black and shiny. "You look great."

He kisses my cheek before taking my hand. "Thanks. You look good, too," I reply.

"I called a cab. It's waiting downstairs."

Sure enough, the cab is waiting downstairs. It takes us to the restaurant and we wait out front for my family. "Do you like my family?" I ask.

I press my chest up against his and snake my arms around him. "They seem like nice people. Maddox is quiet though. What's up with him?" he asks.

"That's a story for another time," I sigh.

He nods, not pressing the subject any further. "What do you want to do tonight? We can go out for drinks," he suggests.

"Or," I smirk mischievously, "we could stay in and play."

My right hand slides down his back and settles on his butt. He looks around when I gently squeeze it. Clearing his throat, he says, "You know I won't do that."

"I didn't say have sex, I said play. We can play without going all the way."

He shakes his head. "No."

Someone clears their throat and I drop my hands to my sides and take a step back. Maddox stands awkwardly with his hands in his pockets. He is wearing a suit and his hair is neatly brushed. "You look great," I say.

He looks me over slowly, memorizing every detail of my body - taking in every curve. "You too," he says.

His phone rings and he answers, taking a few steps away. Turning my attention back to Caleb, I glare at him. "We've been together for three and a half years and the most action I've gotten from you is an intense make out session. We're engaged," I yell whisper.

He groans. "What the fuck do you want from me? I made that very clear from the day we started dating."

I sigh. "I know, but... we can do sexual things without actually having sex."

He shakes his head. "You don't understand."

"You're right. I don't," I roll my eyes, turning my back to him.

Slipping his arms around my waist, he sets his chin on my shoulder. He inhales deeply, nuzzling his nose into my neck. "If you want to have sex that bad, we can go to Las Vegas right now."

The tone he uses when he says this only pisses me off even more. Pushing his hands away, I step out of his reach. We've argued over this before but this is the furthest we've ever gotten. Usually he walks away as soon as I mention it. It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with me. Does he even want me anymore? He hasn't even said he loves me. "You look beautiful, Hadley," my mom says, interrupting my thoughts.

Realizing she's here, I turn and look her over. "So do you. You look nice, Jason," I smile.

"Thanks," he smiles. "You look lovely."