Chapter 7

I don't know how it happened but Zach and I ended up making out on the couch. We started out talking but he kissed me and I didn't stop him. Turns out he's Maddox's best friend. They've known each other their whole lives practically. "Zach," I moan softly as he kisses my neck. "We shouldn't -"

Groaning, he sits up. "I know. This isn't how I usually am and I don't want to give you the wrong idea."

The corners of my lips pull upwards. "Don't worry about it. Lay with me," I say.

Pushing my back up against the back of the couch, I pat the spot next to me. He smiles before laying next to me, pressing his body against mine. He sets his hand on my waist and I slip my leg up over him, resting it on his side. "I really want to see you again," he whispers.

"Maybe you can," I say.

"Promise?" he asks.

"I promise," I nod.

He sighs, his warm breath fanning my cheek. "A lot of people already left. I should get going."

"Stay," I say quickly. "You've been drinking, anyways."

Smirking, he raises an eyebrow. "Where would I sleep?"

"We'll both stay right here," I say with a small smile.

"Okay," he breathes.

His lips meet mine once more and I don't think I could ever get enough of them.

****************************

I wake up in Zach's arms and I smile. When I hear footsteps I look to the doorway of the living room and watch as Maddox walks in. He's only wearing jeans, which hang off his hips, showing off the lines leading downward. He stops walking when he sees us. "What the fuck?" he growls, narrowing his eyes at us.

Zach wakes up, yawning loudly. "What's up, man?"

Before Zach can wake up all the way, Maddox grabs him by his collar and pulls him off the couch. "What did you do to her?" he demands.

I jump to my feet quickly. "What the hell, Maddox? Let him go."

"Did you fuck her?" Maddox growls, ignoring me.

"Dude, no. What's wrong with you? I thought we were friends," Zach says, pushing him away.

Maddox runs his fingers through his hair a few times, pacing the floor. "I suggest you leave before I fucking kill you," he says lowly.

Zach turns to me frowning. "Give me your phone."

I nod, taking my phone out of my back pocket. He grabs it and types something. "What'd you do?" I ask, slipping it back into my pocket.

"Gave you my phone number," he sighs. "Walk me out?"

"Yeah," I reply quietly.

We walk to the door where I lean against it. "It's up to you if you want to see me again. You have my number," he says.

"I'll call you," I promise.

A sad smile plays on his lips. "I'll see you soon, sweetheart."

He presses his lips against mine and I hold him there, deepening the kiss. "You've got about five seconds until you die," Maddox speaks, his footsteps getting louder as he approaches us.

Zach pulls away and pecks my cheek before slipping out the door. I close my eyes and take calming breaths but it does no good. I'm pissed. Furious, even. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I yell, glaring at him.

His shoulders drop and he frowns. "He's my best friend. You're selfish for even screwing with him."

"I like him. Okay?"