Part 2: Ch. 19

Picture above is the outfit mentioned in the story.
This takes place four years later (the summer after she graduates college).

Four Years Later...

During the first few months of college, I spoke to my mother and Brooke everyday. Now, I speak to my mom once a month, maybe more if there's a holiday. As for Brooke, she started a life with Adeline and we drifted apart. If we see each others pictures on social media, we'll like them and be on our way with our day.

Jason and my mom are great. Their fourth anniversary is coming up and Caleb and I are flying in to surprise them. I never told them about Caleb and I because my mom would've flew in to get a good look at him.

After getting to know Caleb, I started to like him. He has a sense of humor and he has always been there for me. Plus, he has an incredible body. Every girl does a double take when they see him and glare at me when they see my hand in his. After pushing aside the rooming situation for a while, we decided living together wasn't so bad.

After dating for six months, he took me to meet his family. Caleb failed to tell me his family was rich. To this day, he'll say they're not rich but they are. They run their own magazine where I get to work.

Working for a magazine has it's perks. I get all the newest products. Anything from handbags to jewelery to clothing - I get it all. That's where I got my outfit I'm wearing today.

Wearing my black sweater dress, black pantyhose and black boots, I make my way out of the apartment. Caleb and I are meeting downtown for a drink and I'm already late. He hates it when I'm late.

Climbing into our Tesla, I make my way to the coffee shop. Refusing this car only made him want to buy it for me even more. But babe, the 2016 Model S Tesla is one of the best cars. You'll love it. I promise. So here I am. In a damn Tesla.

When I pull into the parking lot, I get out, locking the door behind me. Caleb leans against the counter, tapping his foot impatiently. I greet him with a kiss on the cheek. "Sorry I'm late, babe," I say.

Slipping his arm around my waist, he pulls me against him. "You know how much I hate it when you're late," he sighs.

"I'll make it up to you," I smirk mischievously.

Raising his eyebrows, he smiles. "On the plane?"

"Shit. I'll make it up to you tomorrow," I say.

He presses his lips to mine. "Your drinks, sir," the guy behind the counter says.

I grab mine and lead the way out of the coffee shop. He follows me outside where we sit at a small table. "Your going to tell your parents, right?" he asks.

"About what?" I ask, playing dumb.

He frowns. "You know what, nevermind. Let them see the rock on your finger and see what they have to say."

Oh yeah. I may have forgot to mention that he proposed. It has been three months since he gave me the ring and I have yet to tell my parents. "Let's not have this conversation right now. I've already told you, that's why we're going there."

He sits back in his chair and takes a drink. I take a sip before setting my cup on the table. "Did you finish packing?" he asks.

"Yeah. I already had the bags sent to the airport."

"Good," he nods. "We should get to the airport then."

Handing him the keys, we walk to the car. He drives us to the airport and we get on the plane - first class thanks to Caleb of course. We settle in our seats and the plane takes off.

When we land, we take a cab to the hotel we're staying at. The man from the front desk brings in our bags then leaves after Caleb generously tips him. I roll my eyes. "Must've been nice growing up."

This is also another thing he hates - me mentioning his money. It bothers him and he thinks I think of him differently because of it. But I don't. "I'm going kick your ass," he says, picking me up.

He takes me to the bed and lays me down before pressing his lips to mine. I turn away chuckling. "You say you're going to kick my ass and then you kiss me."

He grins. "Your ass is way to perfect for me to kick."

I press my lips to his and his tongue slips between my lips. My hands find his zipper and I tug it down. He quickly pulls away from me, shaking his head. After zipping his pants back up, he goes to the bathroom. I groan. "Babe, I'm sorry."

Almost everything about being with Caleb is perfect. Almost. When he was younger, he vowed he would never have sex until he was married. He told me he was sticking to it no matter what. That means Zach was unfortunately my first, and my last.

After giving him a few minutes to himself, I go into the bathroom. He palms are against the countertop and he looks down into the sink. Placing my hands flat on his lower back, I slowly rub them upwards. I lean my forehead against his back once my hands are on his shoulders. "I'm sorry, babe. Let's go to bed. I'm tired."

Slowly, he let's me take his hand and lead him to bed. While he strips down to just his boxers, I put on one of his white button up shirts. It hangs low enough to cover me properly and it's very comfortable. I climb into bed next to him and he reaches over to turn the lamp off. "I'm not mad," he sighs, pulling me against him. "It's just... you make it so difficult. I'd hate myself if I didn't stick to my word. Once we're married, we can do it as much as we want."

"Okay," I say quietly.

A long moment of silence passes before he speaks again. "Do you think your parents will like me?"

"They'll love you," I smile. "Why wouldn't they?"

"Maybe because we've been dating for over three years and engaged for almost three months," he says. "They might be mad you kept it a secret."

"They won't. I know they'll love you. You're incredibly sweet, handsome, and sexy," I say, gently flowering his neck with kisses. "How could anybody dislike you? You're amazing."

He smiles. "I love it when you compliment me. You're so damn beautiful. I'm glad I get to call you mine."

He presses his lips to mine only for a second before pulling away. "Don't think about how things will go tomorrow with my parents. Just get some sleep so we can get an early start. I have to go to the store in the morning then we can go over," I say.

He nods. "Okay."

"Goodnight, babe."

"Night."

********************************

VOTE ★ COMMENT ★ FOLLOW