Epilogue

Last chapter. Thanks to all the people who've read and voted.

****************************

Jackson holds my hand as we walk into the house. When we get inside, we go up to my bedroom. He sits on my bed, playing on my phone. "Where are you going, mommy?"

I smile, glancing back at my beautiful five year old son. "Daddy's taking me out for my birthday. Wanna help me pick out a dress?"

He nods excitedly, a grin plastered across his face. "Yeah!" We go into the closet and he tugs on the first dress he sees. "I think I like this one."

Chuckling, I pull it off the hanger. "Okay, baby. Go play on momma's phone while I change."

He runs out of the room and I quickly change into the black dress. It hangs low on my chest but pushes my breasts up. The sleeves hang off my shoulders and there is no material covering my back. When I go back into the bedroom, he looks up at me. "You're so pretty, momma."

"Thank you. You're pretty handsome, yourself."

He giggles, returning his attention to the phone. As I do my makeup, I think of how far I've come. Thirty came quickly - too quickly. Jackson is my life though. I can't imagine a day going by without him.

Maddox and I have been together for six years. That's counting from the day we told our parents. We've had our share of fights - but what couple hasn't? If anything, they made us stronger as a couple.

When I went through the stuff Caleb's parents sent to me, I came across a black leather briefcase. Inside was rows of money held together with rubber bands. This was no doubt the money Caleb had stolen. I called Detective Reagan on the matter but before I could even finish he interrupted me by saying, "Look, honey. One of my best friends was one of the police officers there the night everything happened. He explained everything so graphically and I was stunned. What that man did to you was horrible and I can't even begin to imagine the pain you've gone through. So what ever you find in that stuff, keep it to yourself. You deserve what's in that briefcase, Hadley."

Since he cut me off, I never got to explain what I found or what it was in. He knew. He knew and he wanted me to have it.

We bought a house to share with our son but that's the furthest we've gone in our relationship. I'm still waiting for him to pop the big question.

Just as I finish my makeup, the doorbell rings. I stand up and Jackson runs out of the room screaming, "Grandma!"

I follow him downstairs, careful not to fall in my heels. When I open the door, an eager Jackson jumps into my mothers arms. "Hey, buddy. Do I get a hug?" Jason asks with a crooked smile.

Jackson pushes away from my mom and climbs into Jason's arms. "Thanks for babysitting, guys. I appreciate it."

"No problem, sweetheart." My mom says, kissing my cheek. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks mom."

"Happy birthday." Jason says, his attention on Jackson mostly.

"Thanks."

When Maddox's truck pulls up, he leaves the vehicle running. He jumps out of the truck and jogs over to us, wearing a nice black suit. After hugging our parents, he grabs Jackson. "Did you miss me?" He asks, smothering him in kisses.

It makes my heart swell - watching the father of my son be so adorably cute like that. Jackson laughs, trying to push Maddox away. "Daddy!" He screams through his laughter.

"I love you." Maddox chuckles.

"I love you too." Jackson grins.

Wrapping his arms around Maddox's neck, he presses a quick to his lips. Maddox smiles then passes him to me. I kiss him goodbye. "Be good." I say, hugging him.