Chapter 15

Hadley's P.O.V.

When I wake up, Maddox is asleep next to me in all of his naked glory. It takes all my strength not to touch him. Staying quiet, I watch him sleep. After a long moment, he speaks. "Quit staring at me."

I raise my eyebrows. "I thought you were asleep. How'd you know?"

"I can feel it," he grumbles.

I open my mouth to speak but the knock on the door interrupts me. Maddox looks at me with wide eyes before leaving the bed. He gets into the other bed, messing up the blankets. Thankfully I put a shirt on last night. "Yeah?" I call.

The door opens and my mom walks in. She glances at Maddox who has his face buried in the pillow, his back on full display, pretending to be asleep. "Good morning, mom," I say.

"Morning, honey. You two need to get up. We're going out today."

"Okay. I'll wake him up after I'm done getting ready," I say.

"Okay. Don't be too long. Jason and I are going to run to the store, we'll be back in about an hour. You guys better be ready."

I nod and she leaves, closing the door behind her. Pushing the blankets aside, I get out of bed. Maddox rolls onto his back and I straddle his waist. "Do I get a kiss before I shower?" I ask with a smile.

"Let's kiss in the shower," he suggests.

My smile fades away. "I'm not ready for that," I shake my head.

He cups my cheek. "Just showering. Nothing else. I promise."

"Fine," I breathe. "Let's go."

We walk to the bathroom hand-in-hand and he starts the shower. Shifting nervously, I lean against the counter. "Don't be nervous. It's just a shower," he says, pressing his lips to mine.

He pulls away long enough to pull my shirt off. His hands slip around me, unhooking my bra. Pulling away, I look him in the eye. My breasts are exposed and all that's left are my panties. "You first," I nod to his boxers.

Taking my lower lip between my teeth, I watch him strip. He steps out of his boxers before looking up at me. "Now you."

Swallowing nervously, I finish undressing. His eyes rake across my body and I close the space between us. With my lips pressed against his, we get into the shower. "I want you so bad," I groan.

He smirks down at me but says nothing. Instead, he lifts me up, holding me against the wall. I wrap my arms around his neck as he kisses my neck. I feel him pressed against me and I groan with want and need. Please, I want to cry out. Tightening my legs around him, I hope to feel him more but he keeps his distance. "I made a promise," he says, setting me down. "I'm not going to break a promise because of lust."

Rolling my eyes, I grab the soap and begin washing my hair. The shower is spent literally showering. He rubs soap up my back, massaging my shoulders in the process. The realization that this will be over in a few days is heart breaking but we knew it'd be like this. We asked for it when we got together. But I'm not ready for it to end.

****************************

Later that night, we go out for dinner at a place located on the beach. We sit in a booth - Maddox and I on one side, our parents in the other. Maddox's phone vibrates on the table and I can't stop my wandering eyes. It's from Leah.

I miss you too, baby. When you get back, we'll make up for the week we didn't get to see each other. Xoxo ;*

Slut, I can't help but think. Seeing the text pisses me off. But do I have the right to be mad? He did say we'd pretend to be together this week. Why would it be okay for him to text her and screw with me at the same time?