Chapter 20

Hadley's outfit pictured above.

After taking a shower, I put on a pair of jean shorts and a cute white top. When I'm finished with my makeup, I curl my hair. It falls down my back in loose curls. I wear wedges to finish the outfit. Caleb wears a pair of blue jeans and a white button up. When he stands in front of me, I untuck his shirt. "You look great babe," he says, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Thanks," I smile. "You do too."

We take a cab to a little store not far from my parents house. Since it's their anniversary, I get them a card, a balloon and a $100 gift card to a nice restaurant. "I'm nervous," Caleb admits quietly.

"Don't be. If anything, my mom will kill you with love," I chuckle. "She's the sweetest woman you'll ever meet."

Before I can give the cashier money, he hands over his black credit card. Giving him a quick kiss, I grab the bag and walk back out to the cab. When we get to the house, I see both of their cars out in the driveway. I squeal in excitement as I quickly scribble down a message on the card. After grabbing the card and balloon, we walk up to the door. "Maybe I should wait out here for a minute. To give you a chance to tell them," Caleb says, taking a step back.

Grabbing his hand, I tug him towards me. "It'll be okay. Just calm down," I say, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

When I ring the doorbell, I almost jump in excitement. I haven't seen them since before college.

Damn. I'm a horrible daughter. But in my defence, I was busy with school and my job which takes up almost all of my time.

The door opens, revealing my mom. She's smiling but when she realizes it's me, it fades away. "Hadley?" she asks in disbelief.

"Surprise," I smile.

Wearing the biggest smile I've ever seen, she gives me a hug. "I'm so glad your here! Oh my gosh! I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too mom," I smile, patting her back.

She pulls away and looks at Caleb. "Who is this?"

"Mom, this is Caleb - my fiancé. Caleb, this is my mom, Heather."

My mother's eyes just about pop out of her head. "You got engaged? I never even knew you were dating anyone," she frowns.

Guilt washes over me. "I know. I'm sorry."

Waving us in, she leads the way to the kitchen. Caleb sits in a chair and I sit on his lap. "I'm going to tell Jason you're here. Maddox should be over soon," she says as she walks away.

Maddox. How awkward will that be? I just hope he doesn't act weird. "Your mother seems nice," Caleb says.

I nod. "She is. Everyone loves her."

"She cares about you a lot. You're lucky to be the only child."

"I know. I loved the attention," I chuckle.

He smiles. "How many kids do you want?"

This is something we've talked about but never really settled on an answer for. "I want one but the most I'll have is two," I reply.

I slip my arms loosely around his neck and look into his eyes. "When do you want to start?" he asks.

I smile. "The night of our wedding we'll make a baby."

His eyes widen and he smiles. "You don't even know how much I want take you Las Vegas right now."

Chuckling, I press my lips to his. "After we get married, we won't use anything because we'll spend as long as it takes to make a baby," I smile. "So we have an agreement?"