Chapter 14

Maddox's P.O.V.

After the boat house, we go home. When we get back to the house, Hadley and I go up to our shared room. Our parents said their goodnight's which leaves us alone for the night. I strip down to just my boxers then crawl into her bed. Moments later, she comes out of the bathroom in a long t-shirt. She lays next to me and I pull her against me. "Thanks for today," she says, cupping my cheek.

"You're welcome," I smile. "I have no problem making you come for me."

She playfully smacks my chest. "Don't be an ass."

I nuzzle my nose against her neck and she sighs. She tilts her chin up, giving me easier access to her neck. I gently kiss her neck. "The only place I want to be," I whisper, slipping my hand lower. "Is here. With you."

Her legs part and she whimpers. "I'm not ready to do that with you," she says.

I chuckle quietly, making her shiver. "Your body is telling me different, princess."

I duck below the blanket and push up her t-shirt. She's wearing black lace panties which I happily pull away. After allowing me to do so, she parts her legs once again. I lick my lips before kissing up her thighs. "You're driving me insane," she groans.

My lips press against her sensitive flesh and she tangles her fingers in my hair.

****************************

After an amazing night like that, it's hard to keep my hands off of her. Throughout the car ride over to my grand parents house, I manage to sneak in a few feels. She'll never admit it but I can turn her on just by looking at her. I love the way I can make her feel.

When we get to the house, we eat lunch with my family. My grandma makes sandwiches for everyone, topping the meal off with chips and fresh lemonade. Once we've finished, I turn my gaze to Hadley.

Gosh, she's perfect.

Standing up, I stretch and look to my grandpa. "Mind if I show Hadley the island?"

He shrugs. "Go ahead. The keys are already in the boat."

Heather looks at her daughter, a concerned look crossing her face. "Are you okay with that, Hadley?"

Hadley glances at me then nods her head. "Yeah. I'll be fine."

She follows me outside where I climb onto the boat. When I hold out my hand, she doesn't take it. "What's wrong, princess?" I ask.

Looking at the water, she shakes her head. "I can't."

"Why not?"

For a moment I think she's having doubts about us but then it hits me. She can't swim. "I can't swim," she says, voicing my thoughts.

I put one foot back on the dock and grab her waist. Kissing her nose, I carry her onto the boat. "You'll be safe with me," I say.

Leaving her on the chair behind the behind wheel, I untie the boat from the dock. When I return to Hadley, I lift her up and sit down, placing her on my lap. "Don't go too fast," she says quietly.

Starting the engine, I slowly back out of the boat house. "It's only a pontoon, babe. They don't go very fast."

She keeps her hands securely around me while I guide the pontoon to the small island. When we arrive, I secure the boat to the dock before carrying Hadley off the boat. The only thing on the island is an old tree with an opening, making a cave inside. I take her inside the old tree and she looks around the dimly lit cave. "This is incredible. How'd you find this?" she asks, her fingertips brushing across the wood.