Chapter 2

When I got to work to write up my report for today Lisa the office gossip popped up at my cubicle and peered down at me making her blonde hair fall in her face. "So, how did it go I heard they got you working on level five cases now". Her New York accent was worse than mine I still tried to talk like elegantly.

"He's a toughie but I'll get there."

"Yea, you better I heard a few things about those Gravano boys be careful Honey." Her tone was easy but the warning was clear and cut.

She said just as one of the lawyers we work with came into the office, his thick blonde hair mussed up from the winds outside, he was built well toned and always organized in black suit and briefcase in hand, we were staring and he noticed.

"Ladies." He tipped his hat.

" Mr.Grant." We replied in unison as he passed by and went into Mr.Davis's office. He always has this weird look in his eyes, there's something about the eyes that can tell you an entire story about the person, he doesn't look too trustworthy to me, my opinion sue me.. Actually don't do that because you're probably going to be paid in a heap of IOU's.

Lisa just let out a whistle which I'm sure he heard. "He's quite a looker I wouldn't mind dipping my fork in that."

" If you're into the neat closed up type." Untrusting looking type I added mentally.

"Anyone can open up with a swig of sauvignon blanc in their system". She bit her lip in a provocative manner and I'm guessing he won't be the first person she's had sex with heavily toxicated.

I laughed. That is true.

"Well I'll leave you to it gotta go finish my reports for today and yesterday."

" See you at lunch Lisa."I yelled behind her.

&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&

When I got home that evening I felt exhausted sinking into my tub and letting go of the stress. My phone was ringing and I regretted bringing it in here with me. I looked down at the caller ID to see my mom calling.

"Hello mom."

"Annie I haven't heard from you in three days why don't you ever pick up the phone and call your parents." She started and I tuned her out, she always gets riled up over nothing. "I'm sorry I've been busy with work and all, how is dad?."

" You know how that man gets when he doesn't hear from you, your sister was here yesterday she visits often." I knew where she was heading with this. "Mom I'll come visit you when I can it's just work an all, Bianca has the time."

"You know she's busy with the kids, you on the other hand when are you gonna settle down and give me some grand babies".

"Ma." I whined. " Look I'll come by on Saturday if that makes you feel better." I felt like a kid all over again.

"Yes it will and your father too." She scolded me.

" Bye mom I'll call you."

"Bye Annie."

I stood letting the water run off my skin before I reached for a towel. I had a long day and I know tomorrow's gonna be longer.

I heard my phone let out a noise and I looked at it to see a text from Suzanna.

Annie, how about we head over to Larry's tonight and sip on some mojitos?- Suzanna. 8:13pm

I replied instantly.

       Can't, have a long day tomorrow, you doing anything on Saturday, gonna go visit my parents could do with some company.-Annaliese 8:15 pm