Chapter 17

Share with me the blankets that you're wrapped in
Because it's cold outside, cold outside, it's cold outside
Share with me the secrets that you kept in
Because it's cold inside, cold inside, it's cold inside
And you're slowly shaking finger tips
Show that you're scared like me so
Let's pretend we're alone
And I know you may be scared
And I know we're unprepared
But I don't care

Tell me, tell me
What makes you think that you are invincible?
I can see it in your eyes that you're so sure
Please don't tell me that I'm the only one that's vulnerable
Impossible.

Secondhand Serenade - Vulnerable

"Hey Rufus any mail for me today?".

The doorman to my new apartment looked under his desk and fetched out two envelopes, he was a tall man with snippy attitude that I could live with, however on a different note it's been two days since I sent him that text and I was relieved that I haven't seen or heard from him, it's better this way...

I went over to the elevator that was waiting for me and got in. My mother kept calling to make sure we were still coming over for Christmas dinner so you could imagine the look on her face when I showed up without Alex, Honey why didn't you bring him?. Mom we broke up... The disappointed look on her face all night had me wondering what the heck it is about him she liked so much..... If you keep this up Annie I'll never get grand babies from you.... Like I would ever have a baby for that psychopath, an orgasm sure but a baby? She must be sniffing something.

I strolled out of the elevator and fetched the keys out for my apartment, the place was really nice with the kitchen and living room joined my uncle did a great job getting this place for me which I couldn't stop thanking him for.

Flipping on the television I heard the sound of my phone going off in my bag.

"Sue?".

"Hey-Uh-Yea, Chinese or Italian?".

Her voice came through the speaker sounding like she was bustling down a crowded street.

"I'll take Chinese considering you were suppose to be here an hour ago".

"Gimme a break, you know how it is when I'm on the streets of New york".

"Are you making a rap or are you getting the dang food".

"Cranky much?, if you ask me someone's in need of a long over due orgas-

Beep!. I hung up the phone already knowing where this was headed, I'm on a sex diet not because of who will not be named it's because I want to be.

I mean who says I need to have sex I'm perfectly fine right now, yup, I'm good, like really good, no worries over here, just mellow and chill like I've been popping that pill okay I'll stop now, but trust me I'm fine.

Genevieve's POV

"When are you coming home?". My mother's voice came through the receiver.

My arm was in bandages and buy to mention the many cuts and bruises all over my freaking body, I haven't heard or seen of those two dumb ass since the night and the mere fact that the cops never found bodies in the house makes me draw two conclusions, they burned to dusts or they made it out and they're looking for me.

"As soon as you find any trace of those bothers you call me, until then I'll remain incognito, have stupid wire me some cash".

"Don't call your brother stupid and thanks to you we're running short on money so you better get your ass out there and get it back".