Chapter 26

"You see the thing with my asshole brother is he's bad at cleaning up messes but trust me when I say this what he feels for you is real". Joey said making me check behind him for Cupid's arrow because someone's playing the love doctor.

"Did he put you up to say that?".

He scoffed.

"Ask him yourself if you don't believe me".

"Like he will ever say that to me".

My door opened with a loud bang and we both looked over at the angry man storming in. "Joey please escort our mother out...now". He said it with a tight clipped voice, the vein in his neck pulsing.

Once that problem was out of the way he turned to me.

"Look, I know you're mad at me -

"Why would I be mad at you?, you didn't do anything".

He occupied the seat where his brother was sitting dropping his head to the crook of my neck kissing it softly.

"Can I ask you something though?"

He didn't reply but the way he shifted meant that I should ask.

"How do you propose to someone after three months".

He sighed pulling away from me. "Her family is a high ranking gang in France, I needed in... Fast, I admit that there was something between us but not enough for me to spend the rest of my life with her, when her family's spot got over threw in France their ranked went down, she was no use to me I let her leave with the money because I figured I owed her that but she never left completely..".

"Well that's what you get for using people Alex, I seem to remember being a victim of this".

"You got your fun out of it".

"What fun did I get?".

"Me". He said it with a boyish grin making me hit his arm playfully. He tried to grip my leg and I pushed his hand away knowing exactly what he was trying to do.

"Is sex always on your mind".

"Why would that surprise you, it's what we do we fight then we fuck". He finished with a shrug.

"That simple".

"Exactly".

So he thinks.

" I noticed the tension between your mother and you, perhaps it's the way you approach her -

"Don't start with that shrink crap, my mother and I have our differences that's personal".

That touched a nerve, I turned to face him.

"It's not shrink crap, what's so personal that you can't share with your girlfriend". I had to emphasise on the 'girlfriend'.

"Annaliese". He said in warning. "If the shoe were on the other foot you wouldn't be talking this way".

I scoffed, what a smartass thing to say, even if he's right I'm not gonna give him the satisfaction especially because I know a stupid smirk is gonna appear on his face.

"How about I take you somewhere, like a private getaway".

"Why so sudden?, you trying to get rid of me?".

He leaned his head on my shoulder and I had to admit I found this to be cute when ever he did it. Placing soft little kisses on my collarbone.

"You're too good for me, do you know that".