Chapter 27

"Damn it! - no I'm not angry I'm just shouting like this because it's normal." I shouted into the phone.

I heard a light chuckle from the other end which made me believe he was finding this conversation funny.

"Joey!, do I sound like I'm telling jokes?."

"Easy, no need to burst a vein doll -look at the moment the place is pretty crowded and not to mention cops are are in and out of the place like the freaking precinct." he said like it was just another normal day.

"And your brother?."

"No where to be seen." he replied.

Reigning in my temper I held onto the phone tighter than necessary.

"You get me that cake for your brother's birthday or I'll stick my foot so far up your ass-

"Woah, woah easy doll. My brother may be into that kinda kinky crap but I'm not I prefer my ass footless thank you. And I'll get you the cake when I'm finished getting me one of those donuts now if I can just get those cops out the way." he said.

"Sorry Joey, I just really want him to enjoy his birthday I think turning twenty eight has him a little worked up."And me also. Because I just want the day to be perfect.

Hanging up I exit our room at the Gravano manor it's a little quiet today with everyone out, Joey's on cake duty and Gianna's on guest duty and that leaves me with distracting the target.

"Explain the big grin on your face."

I heard the second I entered the kitchen making me scowl at him. "Listen here doll whatever you're planning you better cancel it now, I told you I don't want a birthday party."

"And who said I was throwing you a party?, getting a little ahead of yourself aren't we?. Can't I just be smiling because it's a nice day?."

I heard him scoff grumbling under his breath.

"Don't be such an old man, so what if you're turning twenty eight if you're worried about what I think you are then they make Viagra for that."

He started to cough and I had to bite down before I burst out laughing, his face expression right now was priceless.

"There's no trouble down there sweetheart I guarantee I could go three rounds right here right now on this counter."

Maybe if I weren't already soar from last night I may have took him up on that offer. Maybe...

"Here, taste this." He said lifting a glass for me to take. "I just took this one out of the cellar."

Tasting it I immediately spit it out in the sink. "What the hell was that."
That must be with the liquid form of garbage taste like.

"You don't like it?, I thought this would suit your taste but I guess not." He said as he too took a taste of it. "You sure you don't like?." he asked again looking from the bottle then back at me.

Flipping on the television an episode of Surprise Proposal was showing.

"How corny was that, the ring in the champagne I think that's played out." I said waving the remote.

"How would you like it then?."

Alex asked making me look at him, he's asking how I would like to be proposed to.... Rolling my eyes I give him an answer off the top of my head.

"Please.. Like I would fall for something like that. I'm a very alert girl I would sense something like that coming."

He didn't say anything giving the show his undivided attention.