Chapter 16

"Is she dead, What the fuck did you give her?".

I groaned out as my head spinned, I could hear voices behind me but couldn't find the strength to move my head or any other part of my body for that matter.

"Nah, doll face is just taking a long nap".

I recognized that voice though, the clipped coldness of it was strong enough to send us into another ice age.

"I'm taking her to the hospital, I don't know about you but I actually don't mind this one for you".

He scoffed bitterly. "It's always about the money even with these types".

I wanted nothing more than to shout at him and make him know how wrong he was but would it matter though?, it's always one step forward and ten steps back when I'm dealing with Alex, everything about him is just exhausting why can't I just find a normal boyfriend that's amazingly good in bed or are the two impossible to find at the same time.

"Do what you want I have a flight to Paris in the next ten minutes".

The female occupant with him shooed him away and I think I blacked out after that.

When my eyes opened again I felt like the insides of my stomach were gonna spew out, I slipped off the hospital bed and went right fit the bathroom and let whatever little I had in my stomach out into the toilet.

I've never felt this sick in my life what the fuck is happening?.

I dragged myself up supporting my weight against the wall as I made my way back to the bed.

"Finally you're awake, the doctor had to flush that poison Alex put inside of you". That girl Joey had the first night I went to the Gravano's place was just entering the room.

"I feel like crap". I groaned out.

" And you look it". She said.

"You don't have to say it I already know that, and thank you". For someone I barely know she got me out of that freaking dungeon.

"I think the only reason he let me take you out of there was the fact that he wasn't expecting you to pull through".

I felt a knife twisting in my heart, he would kill me over ten million which I'm sure he's gonna steal our sell some freaking drugs and have that money back in no time.

What an asshole.

"I suggest you stay far away as possible from him because right now he's on a rampage and if I know anything about these Gravano men they never stop until they get what they want".

"Trust me I intend to turn into a wallflower you won't hear a word from me".

Genevieve's POV

"Well isn't this just a big family reunion".

I shoot my mother a look as she tucks a gun into her handbag. " Told you to stop messing with that boy but no you had to go get him riled up".

"Of course I did, it's what I do".

We get into the black SUVs parked at the front, I throw my bags in then get in along with my mother, Alex thinks he's the only one packing heat, he wants to kill me then let him come get me.

I love a good chase.

"Mother I think pinot grigio best fits the moment, what about you?".

"Way ahead of you dear".

The security details takes the corner quickly making my drink spill. "Hey easy this dress is a Versace".

"You know they'll find us right?".