Chapter 22

I looked around nervously, didn't Alex say there were men in his room?. What the hell are they doing in there sleeping?. They should have spotted him standing behind Suzanna, useless all of them. This situation made me angry and a bold feeling surged through me.

"Why do you want to hurt me, I never did anything to you". I say it with a hurt expression because it's true.

He gripped my arm as we walked down the hallway.

" Of course you didn't but you're fucking the guy that did right". His voice was cold and so not like the Garrett I met a few asks ago.

And technically I'm not 'fucking' Alex we haven't done that in a while which I'm quite overdue for.

"I'm not with him, you have this so wrong".

"Do I though?, my sister was the only family I had left she was everything to me -". He stopped to open the room he stayed in and I swore I just walked into the daily bugle. News paper clippings everywhere. It looks like he was keeping track of the Gravano's, someone needs to get a life seriously and here I thought Genevieve was crazy it would have explained a whole lot if he said he was her brother instead.

" Beautiful ain't it, every filthy fucking deed they've ever done". He scoffed. "My sister helped those ungrateful assholes with everything and how did they repay her?, putting a fucking bullet in the back of her head then discarded her like garbage".

" Not to point out the obvious here but you're vendettas with them not me, I never met her". That was a lie I know but not really I met her but not on a casual note I was standing in front of the door to her and Alex's fuckpad, we never spoke and she was rude.

"It was all your fault". He held the gun in his right hand but it looked so unprofessional like someone who never did things like this. Even the way he's standing and that raw stench of one to many shots of Jack Daniels.

"I didn't do anything, Garrett like i said you have this all wrong. This isn't you I can see that just let me go and I promise I won't call the cops -

" Shut the fuck up, you think I would fall for that?. My sister called me that day she said something was up with Alex he was acting different and then she mentioned the little brunette girl and how she came into the picture and fucked everything up-Has he ever told you that you were suppose to die along with your boss?". A crooked dirty smile played on his lips.

My eyes widened.

"Don't be so surprised like i said my sister would tell me everything. She didn't want me in this city she knew it was dangerous what she did, taking up crooked cases. It's always been the same until now. What the fuck makes you so fucking different? Huh!".

He pointed the gun at me and I unconsciously stepped back.

"That's what I've been asking myself since I met him". What makes me different?, what does Alex want with me. Such good questions that I wish the son of a bitch was here to answer.

"You know you should really get a hobby this isn't you. Let the law handle it if it's justice you're looking for"

"Let the law?, you don't think they know who killed her but they're too fucking scared to do anything, well I ain't". He pointed the gun at me and boy did I wish I had to power to go invisible.

"Woah, hey there's no need for that. We can talk about this, I've suffered just as much as you have trust me I've lost a baby I broke my hand I've had people threaten to kill my family you weren't the first just do you know and I've had my apartment broken into more times than you could imagine so if there's anyone who understand what you're going through it's me". I had the urge to pat myself on the back, dammit that was a good speech and a kick ass anger management counselor.