Chapter 20

"Just when exactly were you planning on telling us you were expecting?".

I turned on my side hearing my mother's thoughts about the news, she looked right past the fact that I nearly lost my life and right over to the fact that I was pregnant.

"At least tell me you know who the father was".

" Mom!, really?".

"What?, these are things you need to know sweetheart".

I gritted my teeth as I said the next words. "It was Alex's".

" Oh, dear. Did you tell him?".

"I wasn't planning on it but he found out anyway when the baby was already dead....".

She came over to me and wrapped her hands around me like a mother would, she held me until I cried everything out over and over again.

The next few days came like a blur to me, I became a zombie in my own house with my mother and father here to help out, Bianca would drop by sometimes but everything just felt lost. He brought me back to this depressive feeling again by just showing up in my life and this time I think I need therapy...

Alex is the villain here, those little words with so much meaning since all he's done since I've met him is make me experience some fucked up shit I never thought I would ever be in.

"Annaliese there's someone at the front desk to you he says his name is Joey". My father said as he came into the room.

The other Gravano..... Just my luck, I'm there magnet in the middle just attracting these psychos.

"Buzz him up". Even though I look like crap...

My mother was on her all time high as she inspected him from head to toe inch by inch.

"Dang it doll when they say you got banged up I wasn't expecting this".

"Thanks for that, knock a girl down when she's already sprawled on her ass".

"Didn't loose the mouth though"? He mumbled to himself.

"Something I can help you with?".

" I haven't seen my brother in a few days since you got into the accident and the asshole ain't taking my calls".

"And I'm suppose to?".

" He told me what happened to the baby".

I closed my eyes tightly. "Can we not talk about that, I've cried so much I just... I just can't anymore".

"I'm sorry this happened but trust me we'll find the people that's responsible for killing my nephew and they'll pay for it".

"Look Joey I just want out of it, I want my life back you and your brother has brought nothing but trouble into my life since you came".

He put his hands up defensively.

"You don't think I know that?, We were suppose to leave new York more than five months ago but my dick head brother kept making excuses to stay". He said giving me a weird look.

"Well maybe you should have forced, him". I glanced at the clock on the wall dismissing the thought in my head that i was the reason for him staying here, this was all about money and some crazy messed up game he and his ex plays." I'm gonna take a nap if you don't mind, and If you're looking for your brother perhaps you can check across the hall".

"Okay, get some rest doll".

" How many times do I have to remind you and your brother my name is not doll face it's Annaliese".