Chapter 8

"You killed her."It came out as a whisper."Alex you ass, why would you do that?." Oh god and he was in my parents house,  what if the cops followed him?. They'll think I helped him like some bonnie and Clyde shit.

He raised his eyebrows as though the question shouldn't have been asked.

" Now if I answer that I'll have to kill you."He smiled once he saw the expression on my face.

"Oh god....Alex, you're...."

He snapped his fingers at me. "So about the drink I could really use one right now, let's go."

" I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Are you always this feisty?."He shoved his hands in his pocket and pulled his phone out.

" I'll be there in ten just taking care of something."He turned his attention back to."You done freaking out doll face."

"Anna you still out there?, I thought your boyfriend was leaving."My mother's voice came from behind me.

"He's not my boyfriend."I grumbled under my breath.

"What was that honey-."

"Nothing Ma, he was just leaving."

" Actually I was wondering if I could steal her away for a bit she was telling me how much she wanted some ice cream right now and I know a good place that makes them, you ever been to Pestino's?."

I heard my mother gasp and I turned to look at her, seriously?.

"Of course I do it's where my husband took me on our first date, you're too sweet Alex."My head snapped from him to her. "Go on Dear don't let me keep you guys back."

"Here,give Sue my car keys for me, tell her I said I'll call her."

She smiled brightly at him and he flashed her a smile putting his hand over my shoulder and pulling me into him. When mom was out of earshot I turned to look up at him. "You had my parents checked out to?."

"I tend to do that when I'm interested in someone." he winked at me.

"Well you better quit while you're ahead asshole, I'm not even remotely interesting."

"You don't have to down play yourself to get rid of me, you're more than interesting." He said as he started to walk us over to his car and to be honest I've never been more scared in my life, there's something up with him he killed the judge that keeps his ass out of prison then what hell does that mean for me.

I stopped walking and I heard him let out a hard sigh.

"If I come with you, you have to promise to stay away from my family."

He gave me hard look his grip tightened around my shoulder. "I'm not as bad as you think you know."

"Yea right, says the one who murdered his fuck buddy."

"A man is innocent until proven guilty sweetheart, watch the way you're throwing out accusations."

"Shut up, I'm not stupid. I may be scared but I'm not stupid. You know what you did."

"Alright babe, but you know if anyone were to suspect a murderer it would of course be the woman I'm living with, they can pin the whole jealousy thing on you."

I jabbed him with my elbow. "Yea but to blame me then they'll have to associate her with you and who would want to tarnish a well respected judge who's just been found dead."

"Ah, I love a smart woman. Besides why would you be jealous of my fling with the judge any way it's not like you have any type of feelings for me right doll face?."

The Gravano'sOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara