Chapter 1

Crystal's POV

I sit down on my apartment couch and grab the remote.

Hm, what to watch...

Scrolling down the options, I decide to watch the news, seeing if there's anything interesting happening in Dallas today.

The news reporter pops up on my screen. "The hurricane is inching closer and closer to us here in Texas, as it is said to hit by tomorrow at 3am. There will be lots of wind and rain so please stay safe." The news logo takes over and it plays the annoying tune that's played everyday.

"Fuck." I say, getting up.

While attempting to stand, I spill the coffee that I had just made. "FUCK!"

Running over to my kitchen, I grab a box of tissues and some Windex and start spraying the stains that formed in my carpet.

It won't come out. "Fuck. Are you fucking kidding me."

The day has barely started, and it's already so horrible.

I've been living in this damn appartment for a whole year now, and I'm still having trouble adjusting to everything. The small space, the giant window, the loneliness.

I throw away the tissues I had just used and sigh.

My name's Crystal, but people call me Crys. I'm 18, and when I was in grade 3 I must of done pretty well, because I skipped a grade. Which meant that I graduated early, and was able to leave my home, Toronto, Canada and move here to Dallas, Texas because why not. My family was nuts anyways. And now I have a job at my uncle's music store! How great is that?

I was never the person who fit in, I was always known as the baby or the child because everyone was older than me. But, I did make some pretty amazing friends, Alexis and Natalie. They introduced me to this amazing band, Crown the Empire, in grade 7 and I haven't stopped listening to them since. It's been my dream to meet them, and so far I've been to one of their concerts and even got a smile from Andy! Moving to Dallas was an even closer step... ;)

~~~

This chapter was really slow and short, I'm sorry :( but the next chapter will be a bit more interesting, or at least I hope haha