Chapter 12

Crystal's POV

We're all put into groups. There's 16, but only 10 stations.

"What about the other six groups not at a station?" Somebody asks.

Andy smiles. "You guys get to eat breakfast! You're welcome."

Some cheer. But overall, the crowd is dead and tired.

~~~~~

I'm put into the knot tying station. There are nine other people in my group, about six of them my age and three a little younger. Oh, and Andy.

There's a big TV on the wall of the room, with instructions on the screen.

"Making a Barrel Hitch:

Stand the barrel on the lifting rope.

Tie an Overhand Knot across the top.

Spread the Overhand Knot until it embraces the top of the barrel.

Join the ends with a Bowline and lift.

Alternatively, lay the Overhand Knot on the floor, and place the barrel on the center and tighten."

There are images to go along with it - it's supposed to tie around a bucket.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I say angrily and undo the knot for the hundredth time.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Andy asks.

"I can't get past a step. It's pissing me off."

I'll help you. He smiles generously.

I show him my steps, and where I'm stuck.

Andy holds my hand. "Go around the loop, and twist." He says, guiding me.

"Like..." I do as he says. "This?"

"Perfect." He stays in his place and continues to hold my hand without letting go.

"Thank you, I don't know what I'd do without your help." I say.

"You wouldn't be able to tie a barrel hitch, that's what."

I laugh. "Is this even necessary? I don't need to learn how to tie this."

He throws a bucket. "Go get that."

"No! What the hell?" I say, laughing.

"Okay, fine. Then hold onto your rope."

I hold tight, and he throws the bucket attached to it.

"Go get that." He says.

I reel my rope in, and grab the bucket.

"See, much easier. You do need it." He smiles and pats my head.

~~~~~

Brandon's POV

I'm up in the woods with my group. We get a rest first, because there are 6 groups but only 4 stations today.

"G-guys." I say to some of the boys standing around. "Can you call e-everyone from their t-t-tents? It's breakfast."

They nod, and go knocking on tents.

I jump into my tent that I share with Benn. There's a smell, like death and chemicals.

"What the fuck?" I say.

I turn, facing Benn's sleeping bag and I find a dead raven with the cog and crown symbol spraypainted on it's back.

"Holy shit!" I shout, backing away. I lean on the front of the tent, reaching for the zipper to get out - only to see my hand covered in black paint.

I turn around.

Don't ever trust the Devil, bitch. We're coming.

I link this message to the raven.

Oh my god, it's Johnny. The boy I used to watch over.

I grab my walkie talkie, linked to all of the speakers on our property.

"Code black, r-repeat. Code black, we're g-going into l-l-lockdown." I say into the device, and run downstairs.

I turn corners, zooming past everyone to get to the security room.

I then click the big red button that reads, "intruder warning".

~~~~~

Wowowow :o
Haha, I feel like I made CTE seem really unorganized in this story. But that's okay! I can blame it on Bones. x')