Chapter 10

Andy's POV

I'm such an idiot. I can't believe I kissed her.

I don't even know what got over me, I just had such a strong temptation.

We're walking back up the hallway, to go back to the fire pit. In silence.

Oh, shit! All the new recruits come in today, and I completely forgot to start the schedule for tomorrow's first training sessions.

"Let's hurry up a bit, shall we?" I say to Crystal, grab her arm, and start jogging to the end of the hall.

"What? Why? Andy!" She shouts, being dragged by me.

"I completely forgot that I was supposed to finish something by tomorrow and I haven't even started. I can't waste anymore time."

"You go, I'll walk back up myself. I remember the way."

I know she's uncomfortable. "Alright, I'll see you in maybe a few hours. Make some friends today!" I wave to her and jog to the end of the hall then climb the stairs.

I see Brandon with a new recruit. "Hey!" I shout.

"Oh... My gosh." The girl Brandon's with says in shock. "Is that Andy?"

"Yeah." Brandon says back to her, laughing. "He's a loser."

I walk up to them. "Hey! What's your name?"

The girl looks at Brandon with excitement. "Valerie. I know who you are." She smiles and I swear I can see rainbows and fireworks spark up around her.

"Nice meeting you, Valerie! Has Brandon showed you everything?"

"He showed me most. The fire pit, the reason we're here, The Scarecrows, and the different tent colour meanings."

"Alright, that's good. I've gotta go, I'll meet with you guys later. Brandon, assign a tent to her. See ya!" I dart off.

I finally reach my tent, and settle down inside. I grab a clipboard and the list of all of the recruits.

"Whatcha doing?" Dave pops out from his sleeping bag.

"Holy shit!" I kick him.

"Fuck, dude what was that for?"

"You scared me! I didn't know you were in here."

"Oh, sorry." He says, laughing.

I grunt. "Anyways. I forgot about the schedule, I haven't started."

"Welp, you're screwed. Good luck."

"Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be helping the guys find the last recruits?"

"Nope. Brandon found the last one." He tucks himself back into the sleeping bag. "I need some 'me' time now."

"Not if I'm here." I snort. I rest my feet on his face that's stuffed under the blanket.

"Fuck, man! Get off!" Dave squirms underneath me, with no success in getting his face out from under my feet.

He then stops, and is silent. "Dave?" I kick him a bit. "Did you die?"

His voice is muffled in the blanket when he speaks. "Yes."

"Good." I say, and continue to work on the schedule.

~~~~~

Crystal's POV

Andy runs off.

I slowly walk, taking my time. I have absolutely no comment on the kiss.

I just want to get out of this place and get some burgers right now.

"Crystal!" Someone shouts.

I turn around and see Hayden. "Oh, hey!" I wave, and wait for him to catch up to me.

"What're you doing down here alone? Where's Andy?"

"He had to go. Don't really want to be near him right now anyways."

"Why not? Is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, but Hayden, he kissed me."

"That lil fucker. You need me to lecture him? Punch him, maybe?"

I laugh. "No, it's fine. I'm just a bit confused about the whole situation. Andy fucking Leo just kissed me."

"Well Hayden fucking Tree is here for you if you need him. Got that? We're all here for you."

"Thanks, Hayden. You're making it really easy for me to like this place." I smile, and hug him.

"You'll like it, I promise. We get to visit home, though, if you didn't know."

"When?"

"Usually once a week, weekends mostly. To get things, visit family. Stuff like that."

"That makes things a lot easier."

"You really expect us to stay here forever? Gross, no one would do that."

I laugh.

"Alright, let's go back up. Lunch is almost ready." He says, and walks with me down the hall.

"What're we having?"

"Don't know. Pizza, probably."

I jump with excitement. "Fuck yes!"

~~~~~

This is sort of just a filler chapter, sorry if it's boring. :(