Chapter 29

Andy's POV

Weeks. It's been weeks since I last had the chance to speak to her, hug her and have her hug me back, or even make contact overall.

I take the red pen I had layed on the hospital table and cross out another day on the calendar.

Two weeks.

I take Crystal's hand and place a kiss on her knuckles. "Hey, so I finally got the chance to visit Maddie and Shane - the two others that are also in a coma. I told them about you, maybe you guys can share your experiences if you wake up." I swallow. "When you wake up."

Every day I come back to Crystal's hospital room and share news with her. I just hope she can hear me.

I exit the room to see Brent standing there, twirling a drum stick." Hey."

"Hey." he says, and straightens his posture. "Any luck?"

I shake my head.

"Sorry to hear. May I talk to her?"

"Go ahead." I sit on the hallway chair and Brent enters the room.

-----

Brent's POV

"Hey, Crystal." I sigh, sitting next to her. "I'm sorry I haven't been visiting lately. I feel like you'd rather spend time with Andy, or Hayden or someone. But I'm here now, just please don't hate me when you find out I only visited twice so far."

I place the drumstick in her hand. "There's a lot of flowers and cards here, I didn't know how many friends you made. Sorry I didn't get you any, but here's my drumstick." I giggle. "Cards are lame and flowers die. But my mother gave me this drumstick - she was a Runaway too. It means a lot to me, but you should have it. You remind me of her, you know. Brave, strong and extremely kind. I've got the other one in a frame, so don't worry about feeling bad." I close my eyes and sit in silence, holding her hand.

I get up to leave. "Nice talking to you. I'll see you in a few days. I'll answer any questions you have when you wake up, you'll probably have a few."

I leave the room and see Andy.

"Done?" He looks up at me.

I nod. "Let's go get some pizza."

-----

Crystal's POV

I don't know how long it's been, or where I am. It's pitch black. Hell - I can barely hear my own thoughts.

But for what seems like maybe hours, it seems like the simulation has been stuck in shut down mode.

I smelt Andrew's cologne when he came in. He held my hand, I tried to squeeze it but it failed. I heard a tiny, faint echo of his voice. I could only make out little words like "the", "coma", and "wake".

I felt Brent's drumstick in my hand, and something about his mother.

I just wish I could sit up and hug everyone.

But I will be able to soon, I just know it. My senses are coming back, but hopefully I haven't been gone for too long. I still have to tell them about Claire.

~~~~~

apologies to all of you - I know I haven't updated in over a month or two. my phone was literally so ghetto and all of the buttons were broken. I finally got a new one, totally not used to it yet though. I just need a little time :)

promise the next one is more interesting, not much I can write at this point. :p
-E