Chapter 32

Andy's POV

There's a bang outside, followed by screaming. "Crys, let's go." I grab her arm and we run out of the office.

"There's Brent!" she points, and I see Brent walking away.

"Brent!" I call out, running after him. "What's going on out here? Is everyone okay?"

He throws his fists onto the building and leans his head against the brick wall. "Runaways are fine. But we have to think fast before they make a move."

"Wheres everyone else?"

"In the building. Claire told us -"

"Wait. Claire? You found her?!" I say, excited.

Brent nods. "Go talk to her. I need a break."

"Everything... okay dude?" I pat his back.

"Go ask Brandon." He punches the wall, and I can see the pain in his eyes. Brent then walks away.

Crystal and I enter the building to find Brandon, Dave, Hayden, and I'm assuming Claire.

"Claire!" Crystal runs towards her.

They hug.

Claires eyes turn to me. "Long time no see, shrub." She smirks.

I try to reply but I feel as if I'm about to choke. I'm then sucked into darkness.

*flashback*

"Yo Shrub." Claire smacks the top of my head lightly.

"Whaddup?" I reply, as she lays beside me on the couch.

"Just came back from training. What you playing?"

"COD, of course." I move aside so she has room. I then hand her a controller.

"Wheres the gang?"

"They went to get food. I told them you wanted a cheeseburger."

Claire dramatically falls to the ground. "Andrew!" She groans. "I'm allergic to cheese."

I laugh. "I know. More for me!"

She gets up and turns the TV off. "You're not my friend anymore."

"Oh no, how threatening." I say sarcastically. I throw my remote onto the couch and grab a monster from the fridge.

-----

"Claire!" I attack her with a hug. "I remember."

She giggles. "Alright, let's get going."

"What's going on? Is Brent okay?" I ask.

"Johnny wants your souls. Brandon's especially - but Brandon's the only one that can stop him. By burning his wings. He'll take soul by soul until none are left, and may target you guys first." Claire sighs.

"Oh." I whisper. "You cool, man?" I ask Brandon.

He nods in return.

Brent comes rushing in. "Holy shit guys. They're starting to attack! A group of Scarecrows are dragging Runaways to Johnny right now. We have to do something!" He gives a threatening glare to Brandon. "Something that doesn't harm Brandon." He then rushes back outside, and everyone follows.

-----

Claire's POV

I feel terrible for Brandon. I put all this pressure on him, but it's what the Devil wants. I came to save Crown and the Runaways and that's whats gonna happen.

But I feel worse for Brent. He seems so protective over Brandon, like a brother would. It hurts to see him so angry - and soon betrayed, because I know Brandon would do it. Because... that's just Brandon. He knows it's right, and Brent would have done it too if it were him.

I exit the building with the group and Brandon grabs my wrist.

"Claire." He pulls me back. "How do I start..."

I sigh. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

He nods.

"You need to be face to face with Johnny. Say these words." I hand him a piece of paper. "Take some gasoline, follow the steps written." I say sadly.

Brandon is silent. He reads over the paper and I can feel his fear.

"I'm sorry Brandon. I wish there was another way." I squeeze his shoulder.

I honestly wish I could tell him he doesn't have to do it if he doesn't want to. But we both know certainly well that it's the only thing that will save the Runaways - save his family.

"Six o'clock. Get Crown to lure Johnny to Central IRH. I'll be there." He then walks out of the building.

I check my watch, it's a quarter to five. The gang is staring at me.

"What happened to Brandon? Is he good?" Hayden asks.

I nod. "Let's go, we need to stop Johnny."

-----

okok I know it's been like 70 years please don't kill me :'))

update on everything though:
I saw crown live. they were amazing, I got a video of Andy flipping me off and running away before the show ayeEe

I'm reading a book that I actually might even finish for the first time in three years which is probably why I started writing again! :)

I apologize for any parts that don't make sense