Chapter 31

Andy's POV

I feel Crystal tense up beside me. She takes a slow step forwards when suddenly -

"Not another step, Runaway." a raspy, deep voice calls out from behind us.

Both of us spin around and see a Scarecrow at the door, twirling a knife in his hand.

"Hi, Andy. Remember me?" The Scarecrow says.

"Why are you doing this?" I say, obviously angry.

"Don't play stupid. You knew it was going to happen, you knew we were coming."

I don't reply. He's right, I knew they would come. I just thought we could get to them first.

"Listen, just leave us alone and we'll leave you alone." I say.

The Scarecrow gives us a devilish laugh. "You really have no idea who you're going against, do you?"

"Leave us alone, Austin. I'm warning you."

Crystal gasps."Duncan..." She whispers.

Austin looks at her. "That's right, sweetheart. You know who I am. Former member of Crown, but never a member of the Runaways." He winks. And in a flash he whips the knife straight at us, so powerful that I hear the sound as it passes my ear.

My heart races as I hear someone collapse behind me.

Crystal.

I turn instantly, only to crash into her.

"Andy!" She jumps, frightened by my shove.

I don't reply. I just slightly move my head to the left, and find Shane's dead body that and just fallen over onto the ground.

I take a deep breath in.

Thank God. If it were Crystal I don't know what I would of done.

I hear a chuckle from the Scarecrow behind me and as I pull out the small dagger from my pocket and turn around, he's gone.

-----

Brent's POV

Chaos. That's all it is out here, chaos.

Runaways screaming and hiding, Scarecrows marching around, tossing anyone who gets in the way.

"Brandon." I grab Brandon and pull him into a building.

"What the freaking hell is going on?!" He shouts.

"I'd like to know the same! We need to find everyone else."

Brandon nods. "Dave!" he shouts.

Dave turns and runs towards us, along with Benn and Hayden. "Anyone know what the fuck is happening?" He says, eyebrows furrowed.

We both shake our heads.

"Anyone seen Caroline? what's she doing about this situation?!" Hayden shakes his head in anger.

"I literally just came out of the cafeteria only to find Runaways screaming and running. No one's getting killed, but the Scarecrows seem stronger. Like, a lot stronger." I sigh. "The Raven must of been giving them steroids in Aeon City or somethi-"

"Brent!" A girl screams from behind me.

I turn around and she hugs me before I can see her face. "Oh. Hello." my mouth is filled with her hair.

"It's so good to see you. Oh my God." She hugs me tighter before letting me go to hug Brandon. "Brandon, I've missed you holy shit."

She hugs Hayden and Benn, greeting them too.