Chapter 2

Crystal's POV

I wake up.

I shiver.

I get up and put on my clothes.

I brush my teeth.

I hear the rain pouring outside.

I groan.

Today's the day of the storm, great. How am I supposed to get to the music store now? I don't have a damn car.

I grab my bag and go down the hallway of the building. Pushing the door open to get outside, I shiver. It's freezing cold, and the wind shuts the door closed again.

"We have to die.... To feel!" I push the door open as hard as possible. "Like we're!" I jump past the door before it closes again. "ALIVE!" I shout, cheering that I made it past the first obstacle of my journey. "God bless you, Crown the Empire. You just saved me from getting eaten by a door." I laugh to myself, now singing Prisoners of War and continue walking.

About 15 minutes later, I am finally make it to the music store, shivering like crazy. My everything is soaked, even though I still used an umbrella.

"Hey, uncle Dennis! I'm here!" I wave at my uncle.

He looks up, waving kindly. "Hey Crys! You look horrible, oh gosh!"

"Great way to greet me, uncle Dennis." I roll my eyes and smile.

"Well all that-" he gestures to my entire body. "Is horrible daily, but that-" he gestures to my hair and my umbrella. "Makes ya look even worse! Is it really that bad out there?"

"No, it's all sunshines and rainbows outside. I'm drenched because I went swimming in a pool of sparkles." I say sarcastically.

"Oh, makes sense." Uncle Dennis laughs.

We have a good relationship - he was so excited when I moved here to Dallas and hasn't left my side since.

I head up to the second floor to put away my stuff.

Looking out the window, I examine the storm. It's insane.

I look up to the sky, wondering how the clouds could get so dark. But this one spot. It's not dark at all. In fact, it's bright. And it's glowing. And it's.. red. "What the he-" and before I can finish my sentence, the ground is shaking.

I can hear screams and panic from downstairs, and I run down. "What's happening?!" I shout to uncle Dennis.

"Things are falling from the sky. They're everywhere, look!" He points out the window.

Thick, black clumps are crashing down onto the streets and everyone is going nuts. "Holy shit, what are those?!" I ask in shock, running back upstairs. "Hold on."

The red, glowing hole is bigger than before, and through the rain, I can see that the black clumps are coming from the hole.

The whole store starts to shake, and the CDs from the shelves start falling over.

I run back downstairs. "Cmon, we have to go!" I tell my uncle, and he follows. We run outside, making sure no one else is in the store.

As I'm outside, a black clump falls next to me and I see what it is.

They're dead ravens. And they have little cogs and crowns spraypainted on their backs.

~~~~~

Welp, I still haven't introduced CTE into the story yet, I'm sorry. But they'll be in the next one, I promise. Just tryna build up the concept:))