Chapter 26

Crystal's POV

I don't know where to go.

Remembering the door Blakely guided me through before, I try finding my way there in the dark.

Eventually, with the tiny spots of light from the technology everywhere, I make my way to the door. I open it and it exposes me to one giant, white room. It's absolutely empty inside, except for a door parallel to the one I just entered through.

I walk towards it, and it feels like forever. I open the door.

Cracking it open, I can see a bright light and grass. Immediately, I burst it open then run out and lock the door behind me.

"Finally." I mutter. I turn to face the building and examine the structure. It's beautifully white, just like the inside. Where the hell am I though? It's not like the first simulation, that one was Aeon city. Old, Brown and rusty. This looks like a freaking hotel.

There's a gasp behind me, and I snap my head towards the noise. "Who's there?"

"Crystal." The man says. It's Blakely.

"You made it. I thought you blacked out."

He nods.

"What's happening? Where are we?" I ask.

He doesn't reply, and just glares at me like he always does.

I roll my eyes. "Are you gonna say something, or?"

It looks as if someone's controlling him. Like he's being told where to go and what to do, and he has no control over himself. Blakely walks straight.

"Where are you going now?!" I follow him.

He stops at the green hill and points.

I follow his finger, and see giant buildings. "That's Aeon city, isn't it."

My head starts hurting. A sharp pain hits me hard.

"Crystal." I hear.

"Andy?" I look around.

"This isn't right. Get out, hurry." He says.

"Andy, where are you? How?" I bury my face in my hands.

There's no reply, except for the chirping birds and the quiet noise of Blakely breathing.

"Blakely, you need to help me. You need to snap out of whatever trance you're in, I know you can. I saw how alarmed you got right before you blacked out, wake up." I say, shaking him.

His eyes go from a light blue to the darkest black you could ever imagine. "Blakely's gone." and with that, he throws me down the hill.

Screaming, I tumble and roll down the steep hill.

"Crystal I can't stop the simulation. You gotta end it." Andy says through my head, alarmed.

I tumble a few more times and finally meet the bottom. The fall was intensely painful. "Andy," I say, panting. "I don't know how. I don't know what to do."

"I'm speaking to Bones, we both don't know what's going on. The simulation was supposed to end when you found your way out of the building. Try, Crystal. Keep going, we'll get you out."

I sigh. I walk slowly, kicking around dead leaves. In a few moments I look up, and almost walk into a sign. Backing up, I read it.

"International Runaway Headquarters". There's an arrow, and I follow it.

Nothing could be more peaceful.

-----

Andy's POV

"Bones, I don't understand." I sigh.

"Me either, kiddo. Maybe we should pull her out." He says.

I stand up to open the door to the simulation room. "Locked." I say. "It doesn't open until she's finished."

I sit back down in front of the screen, watching Crystal's simulation.

"Shes heading to the IRH." Bones says. "That white building doesn't exist, or at least not near here. I have no idea where this is coming from."

Crystal's head snaps back. "Andy!" She shouts.

"I'm here. I'm watching you." I say to her, and I know she hears it because her body relaxes.

"It's too quiet. I don't know, something's off."

"We're getting to it. Continue walking, go to the IRH. Someone will help you."

She nods and keeps walking.

"Angels." I hear Bones snort under his breath.

"What?"

" You realize I can't hear you right?" Bones laughs. "It's only in your and Crystal's heads. But I'm assuming you said," he straightens his back and clears his throat. Laughing, he mocks me. "Baby, it's gonna be okay. I love you, don't leave me baby. I can't wait to kiss your beautiful face when you return." He makes a kissing face.

"Fuck off Bones." I laugh. "At least I don't sit around playing with files all day."

"Yeah, but now I know a lot more than you think." He winks.

I roll my eyes and look back at the screen. Crys made it to the IRH.

"Its empty, Andy." She says, looking around.

I don't reply.

She continues walking, and that's when I hear a scream from outside.

-----

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, I wrote three chapters to keep on track :-)
-E