Chapter 17

Crystal's POV

Running. I'm running.

That's it, no explination. Just running.

"Crys!" Andy shouts to me. "Slow down!"

I continue to run, as fast as I am able to.

"Crystal! Please!" Andy shouts again.

"You're not real!" I shout back to him.

Of course he's real, what am I talking about?

"It's a mind trick! Please let me explain, I am real." He stops running after me and stands there.

My pace slows down and I turn around.

He takes a breath in. "Don't let it get to you, whatever trick Johnny's playing on you isn't real. Don't believe anything you see."

I run up to him and hug him. "I keep seeing the Devil everywhere. Save me, Andy."

Andy doesn't reply to me.

"Andy?"

"I told you not to believe anything you see." His face morphs into Johnny's. "Don't ever trust the Devil, bitch."

And with that, he's strangling me and my body is lifted off the ground.

~~~~~

I wake up to the screeching sound of the train stopping.

Inside our section it's almost silent, other than the loud vent and a few people whispering.

Andy still has his arms wrapped around me.

I grab my phone and check the time. 6:40am. Slowly and carefully, I slip out of Andy's arms and walk over to the bathroom.

This train is pretty sick, someone could live down here. There's couches, tables, a fridge, two bathrooms, and several cabinets in this one section. Everything's bolted down to the flooring because the train is constantly moving, of course.

If 167 of us can fit into one section, I wonder what the hell this train is used for.

I lock myself into the bathroom and do my business. I then grab one of the cog and crown sweatshirts that's folded neatly in a pile under the sink.

"Wear this. When returning, please put into dirty pile." A sign reads.

Damnit, I thought we could keep these.

I exit the bathroom and open the door to section three.

Hayden's awake, laying on the ground. "Hey Hayden." I wave.

"Oh, hey Crys." He sits up.

"Why aren't you sleeping on the couch?"

"Recruits come first. And I mean I saw you last night, you weren't exactly on a couch either."

I laugh. "That's true." I was sleeping at the very front which looks like a normal subway, laying on the seats with Andy.

"You also weren't alone." He smirks at me. "I saw you two last night snuggling. How cute."

"Shut up." I blush. "I got cold and he said there were no blankets."

"There are blankets..." He laughs.

Wait. What the hell? Andy lied to me? "Why would he say there aren't, then?" I ask.

"Maybe he didn't know. But c'mon, that was pretty smooth." He laughs again.

I sigh and sit down next to Hayden. "Andy's... Special."

"What does that mean?"

"He's got this amazing voice, he's a great person, and well I mean he's my freaking guardian angel. I feel like I've known him forever."

"Well he's known you forever, that's for sure. You hold a big place in his heart."

"I do?" I ask.

"Of course. I still remember when Andy was assigned to you." He paused. "He ran up to us and was so excited. You know what he said?"

"What?"

"He said, 'guys, I just became a guardian angel holy shit. Her name is Crystal. And she's so fucking beautiful.' We were all confused. Months passed and he still sounded as excited talking about you as he did the first day. I remember him saying, 'I wanna see her. Do you think maybe if I knock on her window one day she'll get a bit creeped out? Wait, how would I even get there? She lives all the way in Toronto.' And he wouldn't stop going on and on." Hayden giggles at the memory.

"I was miserable there, I wish he would of knocked." I sigh.

"Trust me, he wished too. He thought you guys would start dating and he would protect you forever." Hayden snorts. He obviously thinks that Andy was a loser. "After a few years he gave up on seeing you, he dated a few girls but none of them worked out. He still continued to protect you though, of course."

"So what about now? Is he dating anyone?"

"Actually, no. His latest breakup was I think three months ago."

"Sucks." I say.

"It did, yes, but the reason they broke up was because you moved to Texas, and he lost his shit. He just had to see you, and his girlfriend thought he was cheating. They continued to date until she finally couldn't take it anymore, and broke up with him. Andy didn't even care." Hayden laughs.

"That's cute, I'm glad we met eventually."

"Well the ravens falling from the sky a few days ago was a sign of The Resistance. He would of had to find you either way - all new recruits had to be signed into base camp asap."

"The Resistance?" I question.

"Yes Crystal, The Resistance. It's here."

~~~~~

I'm dying, when I wrote "it's here." (Last sentence) it auto corrected as "it's Jeremy." xD
There's some of Andy's backstory for you, I'm slowly starting to incorporate some romance oohヾ(*'∀`*)ノ