Chapter 19

Crystal's POV

I'm gripped from behind.

I spin around, only to be eye to eye with a Scarecrow.

"You're dead to me." He laughs cynically.

I shoot him in the chest.

Idiot Scarecrow.

I check out the map. There's the title Aeon City at the top.

Oh my god, I'm in Aeon City. Well, sort of.

The pictures are from a birds eye view, and I see all of the buildings.

In the very center is a big red dot.

I find that where I am is at the very left on the west side, at the border of the city.

I'm assuming I need to reach the red dot, so I continue into the city and search for it.

~~~~~

About 5 minutes pass as I'm walking down the streets of the ghost town they call Aeon City.

Nothing happens, until I take a step and I hear a click.

I don't move, and slowly look down.

Whatever this is, it's going to kill me if I release my foot.

"Shit." I mutter.

I search around for something heavy to replace my foot with, but I find nothing.

I think of the genius idea to take a bullet from my gun and wedge it into the small gap it had made when the trap pressed down into the ground.

Quickly, I cram it in and run for dear life.

I hear the pop of the bullet sliding out of the crack from only meters away and within seconds a bomb goes off.

My head is burning, and I can hear a ringing through my ears. I didn't get far away enough from the trap.

Slowly and painfully, I get up and continue to walk. I see a Scarecrow.

Jumping behind a building, I watch as the Scarecrow paces back and forth.

You've got one chance, Crystal.

I grab my gun and aim directly at the Scarecrow.

I shoot, but miss.

The Scarecrow is alert now, and frantically looks around.

He spots me and lifts his gun, but I shoot once again, hitting him in the head.

He collapses to the ground.

Thank god.

I check my map and find that I am already half way into the city.

Before I can put the map away, I hear marching of a group of Scarecrows.

I run into the building I stood behind and wait for them to walk by.

But it never seems to end, there's suddenly so many.

I peek out the window and see that they're all wearing the same uniform and they all march the same way.

"Crystal, you know what to do." A voice says.

I jump, and look around. It sounded like Andy.

"I can see you. I can tell you're scared, I feel it. Don't worry, it's just a stimulation. You can't get hurt." Andy says.

I relax, as hearing his voice calms me.

I run up to the front desk of the building.

It's a hotel.

Searching, I finally find a luggage in a room with a Scarecrow uniform in it.

I put it on and cover my face with the hood.

I then exit the building and march the same way all the Scarecrows are marching.

Finally reaching the center of the city, I discover what the red dot is.

It's the Raven. And a wall of Scarecrows are surrounding him.

I gulp. Oh shit.

You can do this, Crys.

All of the Scarecrows stop what they're doing and face me.

"Runaway detected." A Scarecrow in uniform says, facing me. "Attack with full force." The rest of the Scarecrows repeat the first one.

"Attack with full force."

I'm surrounded. I can't do anything.

Panicking, I watch as all of the Scarecrows are charging for me.

I scream, knowing that it's the end. I'm going to die.

The world goes black and the lights turn back on.

"Crystal Danics.
Score: 87
Percentage: 76
Time: 37 minutes"

I'm panting and sweating in fear.

It seemed so real.

I walk out, shaking.

"Hey, it's okay. It's over." Andy rubs my shoulder. "Congratulations though, you're the first one out."

~~~~~

Just had to use the Initiation lyrics somewhere, ahaha.
The last two chapters were inspired by Divergent and The Hunger Games if it isn't obvious enough. cx I don't know, I thought it fit the lyrics and story pretty well.