Chapter 16

Andy's POV

I ask four guys to help: Trevor, Colby, Billy and Holden.

I also bring along all of the people Crown watches over: Crystal (of course), Meghan, Xavier and Grace.

The nine of us walk up two levels to the giant pile of little knapsacks.

"Alright guys." I say. "Grab a bunch at a time. Bring them down back to the basement."

I throw three over one shoulder and three over the other, one over both, one on my front and I'm holding two in each hand.

Crystal snorts and glances at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You look ridiculous." She giggles.

"Hey, at least I'm more useful than you're being." I stick my toung out at her.

She flicks my nose.

"Ow." I flick her back.

She attacks me, and I fall over due to all of the knapsacks keeping me unbalanced.

"Look who's more useful now!" She picks a few bags off of my laying body and runs downstairs.

Oh, it's on.

I take the secret set of stairs no recruits know about. It's only for leaders, and has entrances to secret rooms. It's also a shortcut downstairs.

I run down, and sit in the basement with all of the bags I have.

Crystal comes running down, and I act like I wasn't just panting. "What's up, m'lady?" I smirk.

"How'd you..." She turned around, looking for different ways in. "What the hell?"

I laugh. "Don't underestimate the power of Andrew Velasquez!" I flex and kiss my guns.

Crystal jokingly rolls her eyes and laughs. She sits down beside me. She grabs my arm and wraps herself around it. "Don't kiss your noodle arms, you dweeb."

"Yes ma'am."

~~~~~

In about thirty minutes, all of the knapsacks were down thanks to the volunteers. Brandon and Benn barely helped because they had to talk to Bones about the situation, Brent and Hayden got caught up in a new training device they'd discovered on their way to the knapsack pile, Crystal and I were play fighting and Dave was of course being the mom he is and did most of it with the volunteers.

"Thanks for helping us guys." Dave says to the volunteers. "Lets all go back."

Everyone's down in the basement. I grab the megaphone. "Everybody gets one knapsack! We're going to New York in a few hours. By the time we make it out of Texas the Scarecrows are guaranteed to have already found a way to get down here. So we've gotta move fast."

Grabbing a knapsack, everybody is now standing and ready.

Dave steals the megaphone from me. "If you're in my group, come with me. You'll be on the first train section. Same goes to all the other groups. Whatever number you have on your pin is the train section you'll be on, easy as that."

The Runaways slowly get on the train. I can hear and feel the rumbling from above us. The Scarecrows must be setting off bombs. "Hurry, guys." I say.

Finally after hours in the darkness we get some sort of light resource.

The train's lights that aren't connected to our base camp's power bright up the room, and everyone's squinting.

"Andy?" Crys comes and sits beside me on the crowded train section.

"Hey."

"It's really busy on this train. A thousand people? Is that even possible?"

"This one train is made up of 10 sections, made for 150 to fit into one of them. There's only six groups, and four empty sections. We're all good, it's okay."

She nods. "I just hope we get out of here as soon as possible."

~~~~~

Hours later, I check the time. 10:00pm.

"Group 2; its getting late. I suggest you start getting some rest." I say.

I hear Hayden in the section behind us say the same thing to his group.

I walk over to Crystal, and she's sleeping on the floor.

"I can see you staring at me, Andy." She says.

"What? Me, staring? No I'm not, pfft..." I panic.

She laughs. "When you say for everyone to get some rest that includes you. Get down here."

I slide down and we're now face to face.

"Happen to know if this train has any blankets?" She shivers.

"I fucking wish. Having to go to the IRH or somewhere overnight is rare though, so we don't bother."

"This stinks." She adjusts her pillow, which in this case is her knapsack.

"Here." I put my hands on her shoulders. "May I?"

Crys nods her head and turns around.

I wrap myself around her body, and we fall asleep instantly.

~~~~~

This chapter is all Andy's POV, sorry if you didn't like it ahaha