Chapter 15

Crystal's POV

"Hell no. Just let the Scarecrows get me, I am not going to New York." I walk over to the stairs. "I doubt many of the other Runaways will want to go either."

Benn grabs me. "Crystal, stop. You're overreacting."

"New York? Are you crazy, Benn?!"

"Just think about it. The Scarecrows aren't gonna stop, Johnny's got the whole underground filled with his army."

"We're all the way in Texas. Why would you take us to such a place like New York?!"

"It's the IRH, we told you. They'll set up a new base camp for us. We don't have access to call them right now." Benn says. "Nobody's phone is working. The Scarecrows hijacked them along with the power."

"Can't we set it up ourselves..." I mumble.

Benn hears me. "The IHR has information no Runaway group does. They know where every Scarecrow base is, and with that they'll build an underground building for us to use as base camp just a couple miles away. We use the perimeter lights and the outdoors as our top floor, so we have sightings of the Scarecrows."

"I thought they only had just Aeon City." I'm lost and confused at this point.

"Yes, Aeon City is the name of their bases. We don't know why they call it that. But each one of them, just like us, has a set of leaders. Their jobs are to track us down and kill us." Benn sighs. "We lost almost an entire Runaway group last year. They had about 200 people left out of 800, which is why our group has so many new recruits this year. They all came to us."

"That's horrible." I say.

"Yeah, it is. The surivivors still come up to us explaining their nightmares."

I stay silent, and Brent breaks it. "We should all grab as many bags as we can, bring them down here for all the Runaways to have. Then get going."

"Good idea. I'll call some volunteers." Andy says.

Everyone heads upstairs and I stand, waiting for Andy.

"Attention, Runaways." He announces. "I know this is very sudden, but we'll be taking the Runaway train to the IRH later today."

Everybody groans, gasps and some even cry.

"The Scarecrows aren't leaving anytime soon, they've found our base camp. So that means we have to move."

Somebody in the crowd shouts, "all the fucking way to New York?!"

Andy sighs. "Yes, for a few days. The IRH needs our Runaway group status and they'll be building an underground building for us. In the mean time we'll have to stay in New York."

Everybody goes back to groaning and gasping.

"What about our families? Can we say goodbye?" Someone else shouts.

"You'll be back in Texas, hopefully, soon. Relax guys."

"Hopefully?!" Trash is thrown at Andy.

I can tell that he's losing his patience. I walk up next to him and take over for now. "Yes, hopefully. There are a lot of Scarecrow bases around the world, but it's not like we can get one right next door. Use some common sense." I say. That was probably mean, but I could care less. "If you'd like to argue anymore, you're free to go back home right now and not go to New York. The Scarecrows can be your new families."

Everyone's silent.

I smirk, knowing I did my job.

"Thanks..." Andy whispers to me.

"Hey, no problem." I squeeze his arm reassuringly.

A blonde girl steps up. "And who do you think you are?" She points at me.

"I'm a Runaway, like you guys. I'm nothing more than you."

"Then why are you telling us that we can and can't do? You're not a leader. You're probably even younger than half of us." She rolls her eyes.

Andy walks over to the girl. "Jess? Calm down." He sits her down. "All of her information was right, I just needed someone to take over me for a bit."

She calms down a bit. "Slut." She coughs.

Yep, I can already tell that I won't be making any friends.

~~~~~

Sorry for not updating much. I'm working on a new story as well, you should check it out when I publish it :)