15. Because You're Xander Reynolds

15. Because You're Xander Reynolds: Xander's Pov

QOTC- do you want more 'old video scenes' of Charlotte?

"You don't have to worry about me cheating at all. I'm yours, you're mine, no one can change that." I whisper in Charlotte's ear. I hear what she thinks as we walk pass a group of girls; all of them are dressed in short skirts even though it's chilly out here. "You might get mad at me for eating something that's yours, but that's about it."

I don't give any second glances to any of the females that we walk by; the only one I need in my life I Charlotte. Maybe my mom, but that's a different situation.

"You're the only girl I give grass to." I tell her.

"What?"

"When we were in elementary, I didn't know that I was supposed to give you flowers so I gave you blades of grass instead." I explain. "I thought I was the best mate ever."

"You are." Charlotte giggles, standing on her toes to kiss my lips. We both hear the group of girls scoff and feign gagging noises, but we don't break the kiss. "People are staring."

"That's why I'm kissing you." I chuckle.

***

"What do you know about Maddison Beck?" I roughly throw Dylan into the interrogation room. He slides on the smooth concrete floor and tries to get up. "ANSWER ME!"

"She-" he coughs up some blood, his voice coarse and frail. "She sold your mate... to. Me." he wheezes. Every single time I see this poor excuse of a man, I have to refrain from punching the living daylights out of him.

If someone dares to lay a finger on my mate, they would be done for already. Since Dylan abused and staved my mate for ten years, he's going to receive the worst punishment possible. Gary died to quickly; too peacefully. All that he felt was a sudden snap and his life was over. "What is she doing right now?" I ask Dylan.

He doesn't reply. "When I ask you a question, YOU ANSWER ME!" I growl loudly. He makes the mistake of cockily rolling his eyes at my words. I kick him to the side and bend down to pick him up by his dirty shirt. "The next time you disrespect me, I will throw you in the Slaughter House overnight."

His eyes widen as I threaten him; rumors and stories travel throughout packs about Lunar Shadow's "Slaughter House". It's where the worst offenders get sent whenever they commit a crime and aren't honest during interrogation. The only reason Dylan wasn't immediately sent there is because I know that I would push his punishment too far and accidentally kill him.

Whether I'm spending hours in the cells or settling problems between individuals, I always go home frustrated and angry. It isn't until I come home and see Charlotte that I actually calm down. My mind is immediately cleared by the time I see her beautiful face, if I'm still stressed afterwards, then something extremely bad happened.

"Now answer me." I cross my arms and loom over Dylan's defenseless figure. "What is Maddison doing? What's her plan?"

"She's getting revenge." he answers.

"What are her plans?" I try to speak as calmly and clearly as possible so that he doesn't waste time by telling me made up stories. The more nervous he gets, the more likely he'll lie thinking that what he's saying is believable.

"Killing your mate." he mutters. "And your Beta."

***

"Arms above their heads, sitting position." I instruct my guards. "Separate the actual members of Red Stone and the liars."