36. I Didn't Know

36. I Didn't Know: Charlotte's Pov

QOTD- who would read a human/teen fiction version of this book?

Chapter Goal (for an earlier update): 2k votes

(two months later, 3am at Walmart)

"Which one should I get?" I ask myself, looking at the orange juices displayed in front of me. I already decided on which brand I'm getting, now I just need to decide if I want the 'homestyle' orange juice or the 'vitamin D' one. They both look so good. After fifteen minutes of standing there and mentally debating, I decide to get the one with extra Vitamin D.

'We might as well go grocery shopping.' my wolf says. 'We're already here anyways.'

'True.' I agree with her, pushing the shopping cart towards the dairy section. I grab a gallon of milk and a carton of eggs before continuing roaming around the store. By the time I get to checkout, the shopping cart is loaded with groceries that Xander and I need at home and also random snacks that I've been craving for.

"Char?" someone calls as I'm loading the groceries into the car.

"Hi, Theo." I wave. "What are you doing here so early?"

"I was about to ask you the same question." he raises an eyebrow at me when he sees all of the stuff I bought. "Does Xander know you're out here alone?" he asks, helping me out everything in the car.

"Yeah," I truthfully answer. "I told him that I was craving orange juice and was going to go get some."

"So he doesn't know you left the house without him?"

"He does." I nod. "I woke him up and told him that I was going to the store to buy some things."

"I'm driving you back." Theo takes the keys from me and gets in the driver's seat. "And you might want to call Xander, he just ordered the Elites to start a search party for you. I'll tell them that I found you, but you have to deal with Xander."

"I told him that I was going to the store." I grumble, taking out my phone. I understand why I always have guards around me, but I don't get why Xander sent out a search party when I told him where I was going.

"Who the fuck are you and what do you want with my mate-"

"Good morning, Xander." I cut him off, not liking that he immediately thought that I was being held hostage. "I went to Walmart to get some orange juice. Remember when I told you that?"

"I thought you were kidding!" he exclaims. "Why didn't you tell me to go with you? You know I don't like you being alone, especially when there aren't a lot of people out. Do you know how dangerous that is-"

"Stop acting like you're her dad." Theo rolls his eyes, making his presence known to Xander. "She's safe, don't worry. I found Char in the parking lot when she was about to drive back home."

"Theo you better not be driving my car." Xander growls, causing Theo to smirk.

"Too bad." he taunts.

*** (twenty minutes later)

"Get out of my car, Theo." Xander doesn't even wait for us to park, he just starts walking towards the car while we're still driving forward.

Theo rolls to a stop and slowly rolls down the window. "Can I take your car for the night?" he asks my mate. "I walked to the store and I don't have a ride back home."

"No." Xander shakes his head, looking at Theo like he just requested for two houses and a block of gold. "You can walk home."