31. The Parents Find Out

31. The Parents Find Out: Xander's Pov

QOTC- anyone into The 1975? Favorite song?

"This isn't a goodbye." I firmly hold the pod in place and kiss her lips. "I'll see you when you wake up."

I helplessly watch as the blue liquid of Lycanthrope enters my mate's body. Her veins begin to darken even more because of the added chemical. She lets out a small scream and grips my hand, but she quickly calms down as she loses consciousness. "This is for our pup." I remind myself.

The wolves have stopped fighting already, it was just a thirty minute battle. "Xander!" someone shouts in the distance, but I don't look up. I just focus on holding my mate in my arms. I would've thought that she was dead if her chest wasn't moving up and down with her breaths.

"XANDER!" the voice is louder this time and I recognize it as Brody's. "What the hell happened to her?!?"

"Jimmy." I growl, nodding my head in the direction of his corpse. "Charlotte shot Dylan and he snuck up on her. I wasn't fast enough to knock the syringe out of his hand."

"The pod is still on her neck." Brody points out, his tone filled with worry and concern. He looks at his sister, his eyes widening when he puts two-and-two together. "She has Lycanthrope and Wolfsbane in her system?"

"Yes." I answer, looking up when I hear ambulance sirens. The pack symbol is on the side of the vehicles, so I know that Dr. Kale and her medical team are inside one of them.

"What's the situation?" Dr. Kale asks, swinging open the back doors of the ambulance that stops by us. Brody and I both enter and I gently lay my mate on the stretcher inside.

"She was injected with Wolfsbane and then used her Lycanthrope pod to cancel it out." I quickly explain. Charlotte assured me that she'll wake up, but I can't help fearing that something will happen to her and the baby.

"The Luna is smart." Dr. Kale says, hooking up the usual IVs and needles that she uses during Charlotte's doctor appointments. "She knows that she will be okay if she gets medical help, just like right now. The mixing of the Lycanthrope and Wolfsbane will put her into a short coma-"

"What's the expected duration?" Brody and I ask in unison, both of us wanting to know when Charlotte will wake up.

"To any normal wolf it would be three days, but-"

"But?" Brody and I interrupt, both of us just wanting answers and not explanations. I know that it's Dr. Kale's job to explain the situation to us, but I need to know how long my mate will be unconscious. I need to be sure that she and our unborn child are okay.

"But the Luna is much smaller than most wolves.." Dr. Kale explains. "The two chemicals mixing inside of her body has caused her to lose consciousness-"

"Will she be okay?" I ask, starting to worry even more. Every time that Charlotte and I require medical assistance, the terms that the doctors and nurses always scare me. Whether it's a check-up, ultrasound, or something serious like this, I would rather not know the details just know the outcome. Dr. Kale and the rest of the pack doctors always start out by telling me the worst that could happen and all of the bad things going on, all I ask is if my mate and our child is going to be okay or not.

Brody gives me a look and mind-links me, 'Let Dr. Kale explain. Stop cutting her off.'

I growl at him for correcting me, but I know that he's right. "The wolfsbane nearly killed her and the future Alpha, but the Lycanthrope injection saved them both." Dr. Kale explains. "The Luna knew that she would get medical assistance and that it would keep her alive."