20. Lunar Shadow (Chander)

20. Lunar Shadow: Xander's Pov

*Cover made by me

*this chapter contains romance stuff between Charlotte and Xander (Chander). The second half is the next chapter (20.5), to be posted this Friday.

QOTC- what do you want to see more of?

"I think..." I take a deep breath. "I think I'm ready."

***

I lightly trace the mark on Charlotte's shoulder and stare at her peacefully sleeping form. Her back is to me and I have an arm wrapped around her waist. We completed the mating process last night and I still can't believe that she let me do it. All I'm hoping for right now is that she doesn't regret what we did. "Good morning, sweetheart." I chuckle when she shifts and let's out a growl at the brightness of the room.

"Good night." she grumbles, turning around and resting her head on my chest. She doesn't seem to realize that we're both naked under the covers and snuggled against each other until I press a soft kiss to her mark. I hear her breathing hitch and she tenses up.

"We m-mated last night." she slowly states. It seems like she's reminding herself that more than she's reminding the both of us.

"Do you regret it?" I ask with a frown on my face. Charlotte places both of her hands on my chest and pushes herself away from me before freezing.

"No." she whispers, laying her head back on my chest. She still doesn't look at me. "I-I don't... Do you?"

"No." I answer almost immediately. I nervously scratch the back of my neck as I ask my next question, "Did I do it right?"

"Stop making this awkward, Xander." Charlotte growls. Even though I can't see her eyes, I can still see her cheeks becoming pink.

"I want to know. Did I do it right?" I repeat. Everybody is insecure about something; Charlotte isn't very confident in the way she looks while I'm insecure about how I act towards her. With no past relationships, I have no experience with what to do with my mate. I think that last night was amazing, I can only hope that she feels the same way.

"Yes." she blushes and pulls the duvet covers over her face to hide herself from me.

"Don't be like that," I laugh, pulling them back down to reveal her delicate features. The comforter isn't covering her entire head anymore, it's just barely over her collarbone. "Don't hide yourself from me anymore. I've seen it all."

"I've seen you too." she replies, the pink color on her cheeks turning a little bit darker.

"Do you want to lead a pack run with me later?" I ask.

"What's a pack run?"

"It's when the Luna and Alpha of a pack shift into their wolf-forms and leads the rest of their pack on a run through the woods." I explain. "It'll be the two of us leading together."

"But I'm n-not big in my wolf-form." Charlotte says. "I won't be able to keep up."

"You won't have a problem with keeping up." I tell her. "You'll be faster than all of us."

It's true. I noticed how excited Charlotte gets whenever she gets the chance to shift and roam around. Even though she's smaller than everyone else, she's a lot more energetic. "Can w-we go on a r-run right now?" she eagerly looks up at me.