23. You're Cute When You Blush

23. You're Cute When You Blush: Charlotte's Pov

This chapter includes Brody since I know that many of you have wondered where he is. This a comment that I read from the previous chapter (yes, I've read every single comment in this book), "Where's Brody? I miss bae."

Banner made by me^^

QOTC- soda or pop?

The man with gray eyes returns my smile and shares a look with his blonde friend.

"I'll go g-get Xander for you." I mentally curse myself for stuttering in front of my own pack members, but I keep the warm smile on my face anyways.

Just as I'm about to close the door and come back with Xander, the blonde man stops it with his foot. "Wait out there please." I say as politely as I can, not liking how small I am compared to the two men in front of me. "I'm going to get Xander for you-"

"We aren't here for him, Luna." they both look at each other again before pushing the door open. My heart pounds in my chest as they step into the house; the gray-eyed man's neck is a little pink and the blonde guy shifts his weight onto one leg as if his other leg is injured. I recognize the mischievous glint in their eyes and immediately back away from them.

'Xander, there's two of your guards in the house,' I quickly mind-link my mate, hoping that he doesn't ignore my message. He's been listening and paying more attention to things, but when he's in the gym, there isn't much that actually gets through his thick skull.

The two men just stand there and stare at me with lustful gazes for a while, making my heart beat even faster as I repeat my message to Xander. As much as I want to, I don't put my hands anywhere near my stomach. It feels natural to cover the area to protect my unborn child, but I can't draw any attention to the small bump.

I fail to put distance between the men and I when they notice me slowly back away from them. "Where do you think you're going?" the scarier man with gray eyes reaches out for my wrist, but I quickly turn around and sprint to the kitchen. I know that I can't make it into the basement where Xander most likely can't hear what's happening up here, but if he comes out of the basement, I'll be right next to him. Plus the kitchen is where the knives and hidden gun is.

I don't want to have to hurt anyone, but I won't let men take advantage of me anymore either. "We just want to have some fun." the gray-eyed man winks and advances towards me until my back is pressed against a wall; away from any weapons that could aid me in this situation.

'Xan-' even though I didn't say anything out loud, my words are cut off before I can say anything to my mate. The gray-eyed man continued to walk towards me until there's only six inches between us.

He gives me a smirk and roughly grabs my face. With the unnecessary amount of force he applies on my jaw, I can't manage to scream or shout for help. It's not until he slams my head against the wall that he finally lets go. "Pathetic." the blonde man snickers. "You let all men do this to you don't you?"

"Don't bother calling out for your mate." the one with gray eyes warns me. "If he isn't here now, then he won't come to save you." I know that his words aren't true; Xander's coming, I know he is.

I try to push the blonde's hands off of my body, but I'm too small to compete with the two guards. My hands are more defensive around my stomach area, but they don't seem to notice.

I close my eyes for a second and try to listen for any traces of music that Xander could be playing in the basement. If I verbally call out for him, I'll only have one chance before the two guards do something to shut me up. Mind-linking isn't an option since Xander probably has his wall up.
When I know that he is just working out in silence, I'm more confident that he will hear me. By the time I feel one of the men's sticky breath on my neck, I shout as loud as I can, "XANDER!"