35. Progression (Chander)

35. Progression (Chander): Xander's Pov

Chapter Goal: 2k votes (for Cade's Pov)

*sorry for the SUPER late chapter, and I feel like the quality of this chapter isn't as good, so read at your own risk

QOTC- did y'all think that I gave up on Wattpad?

"Hormones suck." Charlotte grumbles.

Softly kissing the crown of her head, I try my best to comfort her. I've noticed that she's been more sensitive lately; it's easier to get on her nerves and she's been crying a lot more. "It's okay, sweetheart." I tell her. "The hormones are kicking in, it's perfectly fine the way you're acting right now."

"I feel like every t-time I cry, my belly gets bigger." she randomly states, her voice muffled by my chest. "Let's go back to the table. I'll just give Brody th-the pasta." I wait for her to pull away before I reach for her hand and lead her back to the dining table.

"Were you crying, Char?" Brody asks when he sees his sister. He lets go of Cade's hand and stands up, walking over to us.

"Go away." my mate tells him, shoving he gigantic bowl of pasta into his hands when he tries to hug her. "Eat it."

"I'm sorry!" Brody exclaims, trying to take my seat next to Charlotte when we get back to the table.

"Don't sit next to me." my mate growls, pushing him away. "Brody germs."

"Char cooties."

"Brody germs."

"Char cooties-"

"I will infect you if you keep saying that." When she holds out her hands and starts advancing towards her brother, that's when I come in to save my friend. Usually she just gives the silent treatment, but I know very well that her and Brody's relationship is different.

"I'm taking this too far, aren't I?" Charlotte asks, looking up at me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Brody's mouth open to give her a smart ass reply, but I shoot him a look to tell him to not say anything.

"Maybe a little, but he deserves it." I answer, trying to be honest with her without being kicked out of our room.

"I feel like a little kid whenever I'm mad at someone."

"Why?"

"I don't know." she groans. "I'm just stressed out." I've been trying to make sure that she's stress-free, but everyone knows that my plans never work out.

"S-So how's l-life?" she asks Cade, sparking a normal conversation at the dinner table. You would think that there's awkward tension because of Charlotte and Brody's current dispute, but it actually isn't. The only person who feels out of place is Brody, Cade is fitting perfectly fine thanks to Charlotte.

"Good," Cade chuckles because of my mate's wording. "How's your life?"

"Good too- Don't touch those." Charlotte growls when she sees Brody reach for a fork. "You have to eat that with a spoon."

"You're making my life difficult." Brody complains, scooping up the noodle pasta with the spoon only to have it fall right off. According to Charlotte, he isn't "permitted" to use a fork; she says that's his punishment.

"There are more difficult things in life than eating pasta with a spoon, you still have food in front of you. You're still going to be able to eat."

*** (one week later)

"Get off of me." my mate growls, her voice muffled by the pillows and blankets on top of her. "This isn't funny anymore, Xander."

"Yes it is, sweetheart." I laugh, finding it funny how she's trying to get me off of her.