{3}

Avi left Mitch after he made sure that he was okay. He really didn't want to, but Mitch insisted.

Avi stopped at the door, turning to face Mitch who was seeing him out. "Mitchy, why don't I just stay here tonight? I'll sleep on the couch."

Mitch thought about that suggestion, tilting his head as his eyes stared up at the green eyes. Maybe he would sleep better knowing that Avi was with him. But maybe it would make things worse, knowing that someone was in the house with him.

"Um.. s-sure," Mitch stuttered out. He walked to a hall closet, grabbing a pillow and a blanket. "Do you want any clothes to change into?"

Avi laid the pillow down, and threw the blanket on top. "That would be nice, yeah." He smiled. He followed Mitch back to his room, taking the clothes offered to him.

"I'll go change in the bathroom," he offered politely. Normally, he would just change right in front of Mitch-- it wouldn't be anything awkward. But, being the circumstances had changed, he knew it would be best to change elsewhere.

Mitch gave him a slight nod, almost forcing out a smile. He laid back on his bed, watching Avi as he walked into the in-room bathroom. He felt bad for being so scared of Avi.

Everything scared him now. He lived in fear since that night.

<>

Mitch's thought of sleeping better was completely wrong. He got just about the same amount of sleep he would have gotten if Avi wouldn't have been there.

He groaned to himself, feeling a stabbing headache. He rolled out of bed, feeling like complete junk.

He widened his eyes as he looked into the mirror. He knew that he felt like junk.. He didn't know that he looked like it too.

"Oh, god," he mumbled to himself. His hair was a mess. His eyes were red, bags visible under them. His septum piercing was crooked, and you could tell he was both mentally and physically exhausted.

Mitch shrugged to himself. "Not like they haven't seen me this way before." He told himself.

Mitch walked out into the living room, looking down at Avi who was sleeping restlessly on the couch. Mitch felt a pang of guilt for making Avi sleep there. He looked so uncomfortable.

Avi heard Mitch's footsteps, and he opened his eyes. He was done trying to fall back asleep.

"Morning, Avi." Mitch said, turning around to the older man.

"Oh, my god, Mitch!"